Here's what's going on so far.
This is my lettuce that came up from last year. It's in an unattended part of my garden. And look what the worms have done to it. Yuck.
I have some potatoes in the ground, and my garlic is coming up!
I planted two tomato plants that I picked up at the organic nursery we visited a few weeks ago.
My strawberries are looking nice (I've already eaten a couple off the vine.)
I also have peas coming up!
Here are some flowers for you to enjoy.
| Hollycocks (they take over my whole back garden if I don't keep them pruned! |
| Chives are yummy AND pretty! |
| My new rose bush I planted. Can't wait to see blooms! |
| My once-thought-dead Hydrangeas are coming to life! |
| My Easter Lily didn't get the memo that Easter was a couple of weeks ago. But I'll take it's bloom anytime! |
| My butterfly bush is starting to bloom. |
Here is Brynne's rock garden. She made it to look like a flower, since that's what we have been learning about.
And the bees have been busy around our flowering bushes! I need to plant one of these in my backyard so that my gardens can get properly pollinated. I have been teaching the kids how important the bees are, and to leave them alone so they can do their job. I told them that I imagine that the bees are so focused on their work that they don't even know that the kids are there for them to sting!
I am linking up with The Homeschool Village's Garden Challenge 2012. Stop by there to see other gardens (that I guarantee are further along than mine). Also, if you are visiting from HSV, hop over to my homeschooling blog Journey to Excellence. Brynne and I have been doing a plant study, and a study on The Secret Garden, for the past couple of months. We've been doing some great things and I have lots of resources for you!

Looks like things are coming along well! Our roses haven't bloomed yet either. Can't wait! Here from the HSV Garden Challenge!
ReplyDeleteI just had to chuckle that you are worried that Mother's Day will be too late for planting. Our average last spring frost is May 12 & many of the 'old timers' say to not plant until Memorial Day! I love to hear from you much more southern gardeners. :D Hope your garden comes up quickly. :)
ReplyDelete