Thursday, December 28, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge




Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season?

In the fun antics of two new kitties. The holiday season is so busy anyway, and we have piled home renovations on top of that. It's been a hectic and frustrating season. But, I have giggled and smiled and felt happy more these past couple of weeks since we have gotten Rebel and Jedi. They are just fun wrapped in fur.



What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month?

My favorite gathering has always been Christmas Eve. When my grandma was alive we had it at her house. Now we celebrate at my parents. We exchange gifts with everyone, have a good meal, and just have a really great time. It's probably my favorite day of the whole year.


Time has named "The Silence Breakers" (women who came forward with stories of harassment) 'person of the year' for 2017. Do you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title?

I'm going to be in the minority here, especially among women, but I do not think they deserve this award. In fact, in an attempt to make women appear stronger, my opinion is that they have made us look weaker. I was sexually harassed by a senior attorney when I practiced law years ago. Later several secretaries went to the partners reporting his harassment, and they should have. When it blew up I was questioned as to why I didn't come forward. I told the partners that I was a grown ass woman and could handle him myself, which I did. I put a stop to it believing that if he tried to make me lose my job and the firm did not support me, it was not somewhere I wanted to work in the first place. As women we have got to stop demanding equality and then crying when we are are treated like men. Women do have the right to have equal opportunities in the workplace. But they better toughen up if they are going to enter into those positions. We are tougher than this, women. It is an uncomfortable position to be harassed, absolutely. But, we don't have to stand for it while it's happening. And if we do in order to gain position and promotion and "equal rights", then we are partly to blame for allowing it to continue to happen.
If we are going to name a group as 'person of the year' then my vote is for "The Teachers". In this day and age they have an impossible job of raising the youth of today, yet they get up everyday and do it against all odds.

How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate.

No, I felt like I have spent my time spinning my wheels this year, running to the next thing only to be preparing to run to the next. This is not the peaceful, slow life I want to live. I need to make some changes in 2018, but I do not see an ability to make that happen much. Super early rising with particular attention to exercise and nutrition and then doing everything possible to shut down early in the evening is about the only thing that keeps me going through the busy days. Making rest and quiet a priority on the weekends in something else I can do.

Bid farewell to 2017 in 10 words or less.

"Hit the road, Jack, and don't ya come back."

Insert your own random thought here.

It's 5:00 a.m. and it's time to get up out of my warm bed and workout. I tell you, I cannot wait until this weekend. I have some projects to do at the house, but I am planning to do some major vegging out. This body needs some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!