If you have followed me from the original Taulman Times, then Welcome!
For the past year or so my blog has gotten rather heavy. I originally started blogging to keep my family updated on what we were doing as a family. But then I started voicing my opinions on things and being, perhaps, a tad transparent in how I felt about certain things. My blog got so heavy that even my mom stopped reading it. That is why I started Taulman Times: Special Edition, so that I would have a place to at least post pictures of the kids that my parents and other family members could see.
In the past few weeks I have found myself being bored with myself. Maybe it wasn't boredom as much as a realization that I had become a little prideful in my opinions. My blog had become all about me, me and more me.
I made my blog Private to keep certain family members and nosey neighbors from reading what I had to say, and then using it against me. But then I found that it seemed pointless to blog if there was no one to read it.
I wanted to open my blog back up to the public, in case anybody really cared, but didn't want those same people to read certain things I had written in the past. At the same time I wanted my blog to get back to what I intended it to be at the time of its creation ... a place to tell the Times of the Taulman Family.
So, it just made sense to me to start fresh. And that's what this blog is intended to be ... a fresh start.
I still plan to do some of my regular posts, like Menu Plan Monday and Nicole's Daybook and Rick Rocks. But otherwise this blog will likely be limited to events of our family and any tidbits I come up with along the way that I think someone might enjoy reading. That means my posts will probably not be daily.
I plan to save my lengthy and deep opinions for myself.
So, I hope that I will regain some friendships that have slipped over the past year. And, I hope to make some new ones. And I hope I find, again, my love for blogging.
I'm really glad to see your back! I don't think your blog is all about you. Rather it's all about how you view your life and the lives of those you love. It may not seem interesting to you because your living it but I really enjoy it. This whole week just seemed off... crazy I know!! Anyway, just wanted you to know your not boring or selfish. Your REAL!
ReplyDeleteYay! I was wondering where you have been :) I agree with Christy! I look forward to reading your posts. You are SUCH a great writer.
ReplyDeleteI am struggling a bit with my new blog and getting used to what to it.
Have a great day!!
Nice to see you decided not to just totally give up blogging! I know I don't stop by every day or don't always get a chance to comment but know I'm out there reading.........no matter what the content! Sometimes you need to let those opinions out and just be yourself.
ReplyDeleteglad your back and can't wait to read about your times with your family :)
ReplyDeleteSo VERY glad you opted to begin a new blog as opposed to stopping...you WOULD be missed. You have faithful followers although we don't always comment.
ReplyDeleteI think blogging is a great outlet and it worked well for you! I always enjoy hearing your opinions-not everyone has to agree with everything a person thinks! We are all different for a reason and what a really boring place it would be with people who are all the same! Glad you're back!!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a great idea! I'm glad you decided to keep blogging!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited, now it will be easier to keep up with you...I can add you to my blog roll! ;o)
ReplyDeleteGlad your back!