Friday, September 14, 2012

House Pictures

I think it's time for some pictures of our house, don't you? As you recall, we purchased a 1918 bungalow that was a complete disaster on the inside. We had to paint every single surface, add flooring to the bathroom and kitchen, and refinish the hardwood floors in order to save them. And we did it all in one week.

There is still much to be done, in the little things .... new countertops and appliances in the kitchen, a bathroom redo, new light fixtures, decorating the bedrooms, etc. But, the bones are done and it's pleasantly livable, so those things can wait until we get our house in Oklahoma sold.

I think I'll post one room at a time for now. Let's start with the living room and sitting room. Here is a reminder as to their condition when we bought the house.








Here are the pictures when we were doing the renovations ...







And this is the living room and sitting room now ...









Everything is very cozy and intimate and functional. I love every single thing about these two rooms.

We'll do the kitchen next week. Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. You guys did a beautiful job! love it so pretty and cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can "almost" smell an apple pie looking at these pictures. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and it's easy to see why you are so content there. Now...let's get that Oklahoma house sold so Rick gets where he belongs and the picture will be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the coffee table!!! I've got to get those electronics figured out. And I see we have a new small rocking chair??? Crusoe has to be in every picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looks amazing!! Very warm and inviting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO, SO pretty Nicole! I love the colors and coziness! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful transformation! Can't wait to see ther next rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color you chose! The shelves on either side of the fireplace are so neat, too. You've created quite a lovely home. I hope the house in OK sell quickly.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!