Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it's raining on and off. It was beautiful this morning, but pretty muggy. Then about an hour ago the wind picked up and it started thundering. And then it poured for a few seconds and then stopped immediately. It was so strange. But, what a wonderful sound to listen to while doing school!

I am thinking... about how much I love fall.

I am thankful ... for fun community events for the kids and for "papa time". It means a lot to all of them.

I am wearing... a pair of knee-length black gym shorts, a white athletic t-shirt, black and white zip up hoodie, and black Adidas flip flops.

I am planning...  Dawson's 16th birthday, which is in a couple of weeks.
 
I am creating... small closets that actually hold all our clothes. It's a challenge, but it's going well.

I am going... to really enjoy this week of fall primetime television premieres!!

I am reading... The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd ... Yep. I haven't touched it. Maybe the book just isn't that good.

I am hoping... that money stretches. This is an extremely stressful time of year for me every year. With Halloween costumes, Dawson's birthday (his 16th this year), Kyndal's birthday (her 18th this year), and then Christmas. I have plans for things I want to do, especially since the kids' birthdays are special ones, but I don't have any income to contribute to these high expenses. And then this year we have two households we are trying to manage.

From the learning rooms... We seem to be doing so much storytelling and writing lately. No matter what unit studies we are doing, writing comes into play. Eli and Brynne are really enjoying reading their pieces outloud when they are done. Our other favorite part of the day is our Bible lessons. I am astonished how much they have learned so far, what they remember, and the verses tey have memorized. Lots of smiles over these things. We learned about the American Flag today, and they were really into it. They love all things history and geography, so learning about the War of 1812 and the inspiration for the Star Spangled Banner at Ft. McHenry really interested them. We have so many places we want to travel to in this country.

Noticing that ...  I am feeling so much less tired these days! It's probably the right combination of things: I am regularly exercising (that means every morning); I am taking a new vitamin called Alive! (honestly, I think it works); and I have now eliminated caffeine from my diet (I took about 3 months to do this). I find myself waking up at about 6:25 each morning, without an alarm, and not tired. I find myself not completely exhausted at night (when I used to be dead on the couch in my pj's by dinner time), and am going to bed right at 10:30 p.m. The whole "eat good, exercise, get 8 hours of sleep at night" thing really works, apparently.

From the kitchen... Making some more cookies today. Dawson's favorite Betty Crocker pumpkin spice cookies were back on the shelf this week. I also posted yesterday about the dietary changes I have made for Brynne because of her IBS and lactose intolerance. It will affect the way we all eat.

Around the house...  are flies. Geez! I've killed a bunch today, and one is currently buzzing around my computer.

One of my favorite things... is getting all my work done and then collapsing on the couch with the dogs to watch some t.v. at night after the kids go to bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week... It's a usual week. Lunch at my mom's today. Handbell choir practice and dinner at church on Wednesday night. Otherwise quiet nights at home. We are heading to the lake this weekend to do some fishing and to spend the night at my parents' lakehouse. On Sunday, it's my week to cook for the family dinner.

From my picture journal.

Doing some outside learning last week.



Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!