I have completely and totally needed this weekend! This was a tough week. I was behind all week from being in Missouri last weekend. I didn't have lesson plans done or grades entered and felt like we were winging it all week. We had some hiccups with the two main curriculums I purchased for Dawson and had to come to the realization that they just weren't going to work for us. And I was just weary and downtrodden. I didn't sleep good, didn't eat good, didn't feel like exercising. It was just a bum week.
But boy, oh boy, am I feeling better today! I came home from Homeschool Co-op on Friday at about noon and hunkered down until this morning. I put my hair up, put on some comfy knit capris and a t-shirt, and determined to get some things accomplished at home with some intervals of resting.
I cleaned the kitchen, and then took a nap. We went and picked Eli up from school, and then I came home and watched Project Runway while laying on the couch. I fixed the kids an easy dinner, started some laundry, and read for a bit. I sat on the back porch and got caught up on some blogging. I tidied up and vacuumed the upstairs, and went to bed at 9:30 p.m.
Yesterday I did a couple loads of laundry, and then took a little nap. Rick took Brynne for a couple hours to go bowling and to eat lunch while Eli and I relaxed in the quiet of the house. I researched some science lessons for Dawson, and rested on the back porch. I did loads of laundry in between periods of resting and lesson planning. I got our entire week of lessons planned, with copies made and all things organized. And I finished all of our laundry. Rick picked us up Mexican to go for dinner, and I watched some t.v. And I was in bed by 10:00 p.m.
After church this morning, I am going to run to the grocery store for a few groceries. Then when I get home I'm going to power-clean the downstairs while Rick is gone playing golf. We'll have an easy dinner, and then I'll input grades from the past two weeks (while sitting in bed drinking some hot tea). When I go to bed tonight, I will be completely caught up, organized and prepared for the week ahead, and well-rested.
I am thankful for a husband who recognizes when I have overdone it and encourages me to take some time for myself.
I am ready to tackle another week!
No comments:
Post a Comment
In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!