Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nicole's Daybook


Outside my window... it is sunny and brisk, and the perfect morning for a walk! And there are the most BEAUTIFUL blue jays in the tree across the street. Stunning!

I am thinking... about how taking care of your kids is the most important duty you have as a parent, above your own wants and needs.

I am thankful ... for the true, healthy, and loving relationships I have in my life.

I am wearing... my walking clothes. I am getting ready to shower and change, though, but into comfy clothes cause it's TUESDAY and that's just what I do.

I am planning...  my United Methodist Women's meeting that is this Thursday.
 
I am creating... time to read.

I am going... to not leave this house the rest of the day.

I am reading... The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton; Becoming a Titus 2 Woman by Martha Peace, and Peter Pan (Eli and Brynne's read-a-loud).

I am praying... for some financial situations to get resolved soon so we can move to the next step in our lives.

From the learning rooms... We are back at it! Yesterday was a little rough, I'm just sayin'. But we pushed through and even ended on a high note doing some geometry with our gingerbread house we made for Christmas. Today we are moving on to a unit on the Arctic and joining some other blogging moms in a collaboration. We are learning this week about Denmark and Polar Bears. We are also incorporating some of Eli's Cub Scout achievement requirements into our day so that he can get all of his badges at the Blue and Gold banquet in February.

Noticing that ...  That I am now unable to add pictures to my blog when I am using Firefox. So, I have to put in all of my text, save it, and then switch over to Safari to add them. But Safari won't let me add links. So, if I need to add a link then I have to switch back to Firefox. It's a little annoying and time consuming. (Well, I'm off to Safari now. I have a photo to add.)

From the kitchen... Tuesday ~ sub sandwiches (meatball and cold cut), Wednesday ~ Potluck at church, Thursday ~ Chicken fettucine, The Weekend ~ I don't know yet, it's just me and the kids.

Around the house...  are all kinds of little projects I want to do. I just need some motivation to get them done.

One of my favorite things... is reading a good book.

A few plans for the rest of the week... We are back to our regular routine this week. Yesterday we ate lunch at my mom's and last night we had Scouts. Tonight (and most Tuesdays) we have nothing planned. Tomorrow night we will eat dinner at church and then I will have bell choir practice. Thursday night I am organizing a new ladies Circle (United Methodist Women) at my church. This weekend it's just me and the kids and, honestly, I have no plans but to clean house and read as much as possible. I am looking forward to being a bum. We will go have our family dinner at my parents' on Sunday.

From my picture journal.

This baby girl is now six months old. Couldn't you just gobble her up??



Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

  1. Don't worry honey, your new computer will be here soon and then you won't know what to do with yourself.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!