Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

** Update: The closing on the Pensacola house is not happening today after all because of a hold up with the deed. Urgghhhhh! Now we are just hoping the closing happens before Spring Break so we can go!

Outside my window... It's a beautiful, sunny day and is supposed to be 70 degrees this afternoon. My doggies are loving it!

I am thinking... about beaches.

I am thankful ... that my parents are closing on their Pensacola house today so we get to go on our vacation in a couple of weeks!

I am wearing... black sweats and a t-shirt. I'm going to take Crusoe for a run in a bit and then I'll shower and get dressed.

I am planning... travel plans for Pensacola IN TWO WEEKS!!

I am creating... lists in my head of things we are going to need to take to Florida with us, clothes and such.

I am going... to take Kyndal to an orientation for her new job at Sonic this afternoon.

I am reading...  Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner, (almost done). I am still reading Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss and the Book of Psalms (daily devotional). Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray (Dawson's read-aloud).

I am hoping... that Kyndal gives her all to her new job, even when it's not fun.

From the learning rooms... Trying to hang in there and keep working hard, but Spring Break's right around the corner! My public school kids have an extra 30 minutes added to their days until the end of the year to make up their snow days.

Noticing that ... how immediately defensive I get about my kids.

From the kitchen... We were going to go to IHOP's free short stack pancake day for dinner tonight, but with Kyndal's orientation we aren't going to make that. So, I'm going to pick up some pizza instead.

Around the house... are empty flower pots and garden boxes just begging for some life!

One of my favorite things... is getting a lot done on the weekends so that I have less stressful weekdays.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Taking Kyndal to her job orientation tonight and going to the library, taking a meal to our Coop music teacher tomorrow night, taking Eli to a birthday party on Thursday night, possibly going to Bingo Night at our elementary school Friday night (while Dawson goes to an all-nighter) and nothing the rest of the weekend.

From my picture journal.

The cute t-shirt scarf I made on Saturday. Go here to see how to make your own. The t-shirt I used had seams down the side. I'm going to make another one without them.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

  1. That scarf is really cute! Enjoy your gorgeous weather today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute scarf! This warm sunny weather is much welcomed after all the snow. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!