Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... It is cloudy, a tad cooler, and looks like it could start raining any minute.

I am thinking... that I'll just sit here in the quiet for a few more minutes, even though I should be getting Dawson up for school.

I am thankful ... that we had the opportunity to have a relaxing, fun and cheap beach vacation last week.

I am wearing... a Blue Angels t-shirt, blue capri workout pants and tennis shoes.

I am planning... Brynne's April curriculum, family Easter activities and a preliminary summer plan.

I am creating... nothing at the moment, but yesterday I made Kyndal's boyfriend a picture frame by gluing sand and shells to it that we collected at the beach in Pensacola. We used a toothpick to write "~2011~" in the "sand" on the frame and she added a picture of her on the beach sitting next to writing in the sand that said "Kyndal loves Drake".

I am going... to try to stay home as much as possible in the next couple of weeks to preserve gas. I more than blew our budget on our trip, and I'd like to make this last tank of gas last through the end of the month.

I am reading...  A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin, Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss and the Book of Psalms (daily devotional). Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray (Dawson's read-aloud).

I am hoping... that my brother is doing okay.

From the learning rooms... What a big week for the kids, even though we are just back into it after our Spring Break! Kyndal got her acceptance letter from Vo Tech this past weekend admitting her into cosmetology school in the fall. It is something she has always wanted to do. It will give her such a head start on her future (and it is FREE)!!! Eli completed 100, 0 and 1 addition problems in under two minutes! He was so excited!! He now moves on to trying to complete 100 addition problems using 0, 1 and 2 in under two minutes. Brynne is easing back into school this week by doing some Spring lessons. And Dawson is finishing up his unit on The Middle Ages. I think he and I are both a little bored with our AWOA curriculum right now and are ready to do something else.

Noticing that ... a mama bird has taken up residence in the much-used nest in the corner of our back porch. Lots of babies are born there!

From the kitchen... are healthy, lower carb meals.

Around the house... are suitcases that still need unpacked from our trip. All of the laundry is clean in them (thanks to a washer and dryer at the beach house), but it all still needs to be put away. Today hopefully!

One of my favorite things... is sunshine.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Kyndal has use of my car most of this week to go back and forth to work, so I'm not going too many places. Brynne does have a birthday party to attend this weekend. Although I planned to start some gardening this weekend, the weather is supposed to turn cooler so I think I'll wait one more week. Other than that, we will just be laying low.

From my picture journal.
Brynne's school picture (that I took) for her Coop Yearbook. She looks so grown up.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Kyndal and Eli!
    I hope you're having a great, relaxing week!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!