Outside my window... are the Amish buggies going by our house. We live in a town with a very active Amish community.
I am thinking... about my sweet friend Angela and the pain she is going through with the very sudden death of her precious daddy.
I am thankful ... for Rick who is back in Oklahoma finishing up the purging of our house; continuing to live in it despite the lack of furniture, television, or internet; working during the day and getting the house ready to sell at night; and living away from his family. I know it is hard on him, and I feel guilty that we are here living the life we love with all of the luxuries we have. I know that he is happy to provide these things to us. I just hope he knows how grateful we are, and how I do not take him and his love for granted.
I am wearing... sweat capris, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. I rode my bike to the park with my mom and her friend this morning and walked three miles around the walking track. (And I am dying ... I couldn't admit it, though, because they are older than me!!)
I am planning... to paint my kitchen cabinets next week. That is going to be a huge project!
I am creating... a pretty bulletin board to hang on my wall in the dining room above my desk..
I am going... to go visit my grandma this afternoon.
I am reading... The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.
I am hoping... that our house sells quickly so that Rick can join us here full time. It stinks not having him here.
From the learning rooms...Well, we have officially started our full-time all-day schooling. Yesterday was a little rough, but I am confident we will transition into a good schedule. Eli, unfortunately, is going to take some time to get used to how we do things. We'll get it worked out, though. Dawson had a hard first couple of days back at public school, especially since he started in a whole new school in a new town and new state with all new kids. He was very bummed on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday, however, things were looking up. He made some much-needed connections and didn't have to sit by himself at lunch. He did tell me that he is doing really good academically, because homeschooling really helped him prepare. That made me happy that he found benefit in our time together.
Noticing that ... it feels GREAT to walk or ride my bike pretty much everywhere I want to go in our new town. I probably look like a dork on my bike, but I feel awesome!
From the kitchen... Tonight we are having fried crappie from my neighbor.
Around the house... are humming electronics. We now have internet, DirecTV, and Xbox Live back in operation.
One of my favorite things... is how every person you meet on the street waves at you, even if they don't know you.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Mostly this week we will just be getting used to our school routine. If Eli and Brynne earn their letters in the Secret Word (for not grumbling when doing school work), then I am going to take them to the Circus in a nearby town on Thursday night. Another neighbor (well, he owns the house and is doing some renovations before he rents it or sells it) gave us free tickets.This weekend I am planning to get some projects done around the house.
I am hoping... that our house sells quickly so that Rick can join us here full time. It stinks not having him here.
From the learning rooms...Well, we have officially started our full-time all-day schooling. Yesterday was a little rough, but I am confident we will transition into a good schedule. Eli, unfortunately, is going to take some time to get used to how we do things. We'll get it worked out, though. Dawson had a hard first couple of days back at public school, especially since he started in a whole new school in a new town and new state with all new kids. He was very bummed on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday, however, things were looking up. He made some much-needed connections and didn't have to sit by himself at lunch. He did tell me that he is doing really good academically, because homeschooling really helped him prepare. That made me happy that he found benefit in our time together.
Noticing that ... it feels GREAT to walk or ride my bike pretty much everywhere I want to go in our new town. I probably look like a dork on my bike, but I feel awesome!
From the kitchen... Tonight we are having fried crappie from my neighbor.
Around the house... are humming electronics. We now have internet, DirecTV, and Xbox Live back in operation.
One of my favorite things... is how every person you meet on the street waves at you, even if they don't know you.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Mostly this week we will just be getting used to our school routine. If Eli and Brynne earn their letters in the Secret Word (for not grumbling when doing school work), then I am going to take them to the Circus in a nearby town on Thursday night. Another neighbor (well, he owns the house and is doing some renovations before he rents it or sells it) gave us free tickets.This weekend I am planning to get some projects done around the house.
From my picture journal.
I'm missing this boy every day now that he's back at school, but I am so proud of him!
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

I'm glad to hear you are settling in so well! When we moved last year my kids had a hard time adjusting too. It's takes time but now they love it. Lunch is the worst!!
ReplyDeleteI think you've found "your place" in this world. I'm praying with you that Rick gets to join you soon so your picture will be complete.
ReplyDelete