I am back in Oklahoma for a few hours to pick up another load. But, i just had to report about how much FUN I am having, despite the hard work of moving!
When we arrived at the house, there were two ferns hanging off of hooks on my front porch. I figured they were something my mom had put there. Later, one of my best friends from school stopped by to greet us. She had been the one to bring the plants. I love small towns! We sat on the floor and talked for about 45 minutes, reminiscing. Rick told me later that he hasn't heard me laugh like that in years. It felt so good.
We got everything unloaded, beds put together, the kitchen unpacked, and things pretty much arranged. But, for me, getting our front porch arranged was a MUST! There was a place for a my porch swing, and all my plants, and my new address pillows my friend, Berry, made me. Oh, it looked so great ... and inviting! My aunt stopped by and told me that when she walked up to the porch, she just smiled. That made me happy. My sister thought I was so silly for decorating the porch first. But, I just wanted those who stop by to feel welcome and invited!
The kids were so excited to sleep in their new room. The dogs ... not so much. They were so stressed. They just panted and carried on and every time I walked outside they just cried and cried. They did finally manage to settle down when it was time for bed, and slept pretty good. As exhausted as they were from the trip, it was no wonder.
I am so excited about being in our new (er, really old) home, and living back "home". I thought about it yesterday ... I have spent 12 years here in Oklahoma trying to fit in, to find my place. And I just never could. I tried really, really hard. It certainly is just time to go back where I belong. I am praying that the adjustment for Rick and Dawson isn't too tough. They've been city boys their whole lives. This small-town-living will be something entirely new for them both.
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. I'll try to take some in the next day or so and run over to my mom's and scam on her internet for a while to upload some.
I just wanted to stop in and say "hi".
Think about all the songs that are written about "going home"....Now you know why!
ReplyDeleteMy fondest memories growing up were the years we lived in a small town in Illinois. When we moved to California, it was culture shock and I never loved it. Seven years ago we moved to a Texas small town, and we love it. I am not a city girl either! I am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear allis going well. We move all the time with the military and it always takes me a year to settle in a nd feel I belong. So glad you are "home" already!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you! Looking forward to reading more about your adventures in your new home!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you! Enjoy being back "home".
ReplyDeleteLove it! I am so excited for you & your family! I hope the adjusting is going well! Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteHope things are going well.
ReplyDelete