Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it is a beautiful day! It's crisp and cool but sunny. I love it!

I am thinking... about all I have to do today.

I am thankful ... for small town living.

I am wearing... black workout pants and a gray Old Navy hoodie.

I am planning...  Eli's birthday party that is this Friday.
 
I am creating... nunchucks, a "pin the headband on the ninja" game, a kickboxing pinata, candy sushi, and swords for Eli's party, and a "Twas the Night Before Christmas" float for the boy scouts' entry in the Christmas Parade on Saturday.

I am going... to try to get a lot accomplished today since the dogs are all getting groomed.

I am reading... nothing right now. There's just not enough time.

I am praying... for the futures of my children.

From the learning rooms... We are on Thanksgiving break, although I am going to put the kids to work today making Japanese lanterns and origami throwing stars for Eli's party. We ARE studying Japan, so that counts as school!

Noticing that ...  I always plan everything needing to be accomplished in a 3 month period in two days so that I am completely nuts trying to accomplish it.

From the kitchen... are leftover burritos tonight. I made two pans for us last night, and then not everyone ended up eating. That's fine with me. They are just as good the second time around. (Besides, with the nutty afternoon/evening schedule I have, there is no way I'm getting dinner on the table tonight.)

Around the house...  are clean floors! Rick brought my Dyson home to me this weekend and I cleaned like I haven't cleaned since we moved in. I love that piece of equipment!! She's 6 years old and still going strong!

One of my favorite things... is relaxing in front of the t.v. at night, with a hot cup of green tea, and getting to bed early with a good night's sleep, none of which I have done in several days. I am tired! I even dreamed last night that I was sleeping in the shower standing up.

A few plans for the rest of the week... BUSY week! Today the dogs are getting groomed, so I was up getting them delivered early. Today I have to get the majority of Eli's birthday party prep work done. This afternoon I am spending a few hours on the boy scout float. Tomorrow it is more prep work for the party, and for Thanksgiving dinner. We might go to Kansas City to eat sushi with my sister tomorrow evening. Thursday is Thanksgiving, of course, and it will just be Rick and I and the two little kids. We will have a full Thanksgiving dinner, though, so I will be doing lots of cooking. Then I am leaving at about 5:00 p.m. to head to Kansas City to do Black Thursday Friday shopping with my sister. Don't judge me, I'm really just going to spend time with her. If I get some good bargains, then fine. But then on Friday I've got to boogie back here because Eli's birthday party is at 4:00 p.m. Saturday evening is our town's "Moonlight Madness" and lighted Christmas parade, and Eli will be on the boy scout float. Sunday after church, yeah, I'm collapsing!

From my picture journal.




Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, dear friend and I pray the year ahead will give you much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great weekend sounds like your going to be a busy little beaver :)

    LOVE that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki ~ Have a great Thanksgiving!! Love your family picture......love, jami

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!