Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Ninja Party

Eli's birthday is December 22nd, so we like to have his birthday party by the first of December to space it out from Christmas. We spent several days over Thanksgiving break preparing for his Ninja birthday party and then had his party the day after Thanksgiving since the kids were out of school and daddy was here visiting. When having a birthday party at home, I feel that it's important to have constant activities to keep the partygoers busy and my house intact. That takes lots of prep work, but it's always worth it!

The party started a few days before with the following scroll invitations:


You can download this printable personalized invitation by going HERE.

I used the ninja character from the invitations to glue to the takeout boxes I bought at Dollar General. Inside were some ninja figures, some ninja wall crawlers and fruit rollups.


Decorations included easy Japanese lanterns and our own ninja toys (sure helps that the kids were ninjas for Halloween).




The cake was a simple ninja face cake. Easy (thank goodness)!


I made paper nunchucks with poster board and string. Then the kids decorated them with stickers. Then they had a quick nunchuck battle outside.


Once back inside we took a quick break for some candy sushi. Then the kids took turns using chopsticks to try to pick up small prizes in a bowl of popcorn. Can you believe I found sushi erasers at Dollar General? Funny!


The funnest part of the party was the red balloon ninja battle in the garage with the katanas I made for the kids out of newspaper, aluminum foil and duck tape.



Then they took turns kicking at the kickboxing bag pinata I made. Rick kept moving it up and down so it was really fun to watch them try to kick it. It was made perfectly because Eli had the first kick, each kid had a turn, and then Eli's second kid busted it open.


Eli opened his gifts which consisted of wrestling toys, ninjas, and Legos. All things an almost-9-year-old boy loves!


This was a FUN party and all of the boys told me that they had a great time! But the smile on this boy's face is all that matters to this mama!




1 comment:

  1. Love you creativity! I need you to plan a birthday for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!