Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

** On a side note: Kyndal had her senior pictures taken this weekend. If you would like some preview shots, you can go to the Kristen Lyn Photography blog. Amazing photos!!
 
Outside my window... It has been unseasonably warm. It rained last night, so the ground is wet.

I am thinking... about how achy I have been lately. I know it's my arthritis, but I wonder if it's something more. I have often wondered if I have a mild case of fibromyalgia, but I don't have many of the symptoms. I was tested for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis a few years ago and those test results were negative.

I am thankful ... for kids who love holiday tradition. I am kind of a Humbug, so having the kids around sure helps. It's hard not to be excited when they are so excited.
I am wearing... black yoga pants, white long-sleeved shirt layered with a gray Nike t-shirt, black puffy vest, tennis shoes.

I am planning...  NOTHING! Oh my gosh it is so nice not to have anything to plan for a bit.
 
I am creating... and yet again, NOTHING! I will be doing some creating soon, but for now I am on a brief {much-needed} hiatus.

I am going... to take Eli to get his hair cut first thing this morning, which is pure torture, for both him and my sister who is cutting it.

I am reading... Cage of Stars by Jacquelyn Mitchard, Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss (want to finish this soon), Stuart Little by E.B. White (Eli and Brynne's read-a-loud). 

I am praying... for so many bloggers who I don't even know with job losses, unexpected deaths of spouses and children, illness, and other problems. The holidays can be an especially hard time for so many.

From the learning rooms... We are doing lots of literature studies this week.

Noticing that ...  that so many people cannot "afford" basic necessities, but they can spend money on frivolities like new pets, cigarettes, large sodas, cell phones, etc. It's hard to feel sorry for those people, but then you see their children being taught to do the same thing.

From the kitchen... is breakfast: waffles for Eli, cereal for Brynne, oatmeal for me.

Around the house...  are all my ferns I brought in from outside. I am hoping to keep them alive until Spring. Wish me lots of luck. I usually forget to water them like I should.

One of my favorite things... Cold, wintry weather .. where is it?

A few plans for the rest of the week... We are just doing school, playing at home, etc., until Thursday when we are heading to Oklahoma for a couple of days. While we are there we plan to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop (our favorite place to see Santa), drive through the Rhema Christmas light display, and see our Homeschool Co-op friends who we miss!

From my picture journal.

Oh Christmas Tree



Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

  1. Your tree looks so pretty!
    I had to peek at Kyndal's pictures. I'm not sure how you're going to choose. They are stunning! SHE is stunning. My favorite was the one in the chair with the field behind her. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!