Thursday, December 20, 2012

Stress, Snow and Sickness

Do you want to know the definition of Stress? Not being able to find the little Hello Kitty purse of your daughter's that holds her and Eli's two Nintendo 3DS systems and about $750 worth of games AND thinking it was very possibly left at the hotel where you stayed a couple of weeks ago and now is under the Christmas tree of a hotel housekeeper for her (going to be) VERY ecstatic children!

I literally lost sleep last night recounting every time I think I have seen it in the past month.

I turned their room upside down, and their closet, and went through every toy bucket in the basement. And then I finally decided to break down and clean out the back of my Suburban and found said bag and contents folded up in the third row seat.

Hallelujah!! Thank you, Lord! (Yes, the Lord delights in even the little things, this little "thing" being worth about $1,000.)

I got a text from my mom this morning saying there was NO WAY she was walking in this wind! When I got up to let the dogs out to potty and opened the back door, I understood why! The dogs ran out, whirled around and ran right back in. By the time I kicked them all the way to the backyard, made my way out to the curb with my recycling (in my robe and slippers), and brought them back inside, I was soaked from head to toe with wet, slushy, snow. It was nasty!! We got about an inch of snow before it was all over. But, it's way too windy and cold to go out and enjoy it, and ....

Brynne has been running a fever since yesterday. It has steadily creeped up to 102 degrees. She is in bed right now taking a nap with the dogs. She has a bit of a cough deep in her chest, but nothing serious. Her biggest problem is fever, aches, and chills. I think she just has a touch of the flu. Oh how I am hoping she is better by Saturday for Eli's birthday and, especially, before Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Brynne is feeling better!
    I'm so glad you found the game systems and games. What a relief!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!