Sunday, December 26, 2010

Classic Books Challenge

A theme among bloggers for 2011 seems to be in reading the classics. I know of two blog classic reading challenges. Since I have a renewed passion for reading, I thought I would join in. I only have 10 books on my list for the year, because sometimes finding time to read is difficult.

And I won't start on my list until after I finish The Pillars of the Earth, which I am about 1/3 of the way through.

Here is my 2011 Classic Novel  list:

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 

2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

3. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys 

4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 

5. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf 

6. Middlemarch by George Eliot 

7. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 

8. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton 

9. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell 

10. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery 



3 comments:

  1. that looks like a great list! we are adding anne of green gables I forgot to add that since I'm doing reading to know's challenge along with mine and the jane austen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for leaving me a comment and directing me to your booklist and your blog. I think I will begin with Little Women.
    Have a great day!
    Roan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great list! I've read 6 of those, and loved them!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!