Friday, December 3, 2010

Rediscovering Christmas Bible Challenge ~ Luke Chapter 3


Give to others with your abundance ... don't take more from people than they are required to give ... be content with what you have. ~ vs. 10-14.

This rings particularly true to me today as Brynne and I went to her Homeschool Coop Christmas party this morning. We are doing two acts of kindness as a group: Giving Christmas gifts to the moms living in a family shelter and giving Christmas gifts to the residents of a retirement village where the kids sang carols this afternoon. My heart bleeds in knowing that some socks, hand lotion or a coffee mug filled with candy will be the biggest blessing in someone's life this holiday season. Will I be content with the blessings in mine?

Yesterday's mini-challenge was to find Joy in something that you normally don't like to do. As I was putting dishes in the dishwasher for the umpteenth time, I was very tempted to scream, "Am I the only one who knows how to do this?!" But, I just smiled at myself and thought about how blessed I am to have a family whom I can serve and that at least I am not loading the dishwasher after I have worked outside the home for 8 hours that day, or tossing paper plates into the trash in the homeless shelter where my family is living.

1 comment:

  1. what a great co-op party!

    I hear you on the dishwasher front my hubby doesn't even know how to turn on the water to rinse :) hehehee!!!

    love this post!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!