Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rediscovering Christmas Bible Challenge ~ Mini Challenge #1


What does doing this Rediscovering Christmas Bible Challenge mean to me specifically?

1. It is giving me an opportunity to be still .. to be quiet .. to be searching for God's voice speaking to me.

2. It has me making God a priority first thing in the morning .. something I haven't done in a long time.

3. It is giving me a way to intentionally bring Jesus into my holiday season. It is making Him the focus of this month in my heart and my mind.

4. It is exercise. Over the past several months, if not full year or so, I have become lax in the exercise of my heart and my body. Not only am I getting up to spend time with the Lord first thing, I am also using this time as an opportunity to exercise my body. It's a win-win situation! Before 6:15 a.m. each morning, I have exercised my body and have read the Word, thereby exercising my heart, and I am ready for the day and what it holds for me.

Join me and the other 12 ladies who are reading one chapter of the Book of Luke each day this month. What will we discover?

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning :) Just thought I'd stop by and say hi to a fellow participant of this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post!!! So happy we are doing this journey together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post also and I'm looking forward to the journey as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First and foremost, your family is just BEAUTIFUL!
    Secondly, I love this post. Your reasons couldn't be more genuine and true! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids and I are also participating in this great challenge! I have posted up todays study. Please head over to my blog if you'd like to see what I posted!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy to be a part of this challenge with you! I am going to be reading it with my kids each night as part of advent! What a great way to help our hearts get back to where they need to be this Christmas!

    P.S. What a gorgeous family God has truly blessed you with!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your reasons for doing it.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!