Monday, December 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday and Other Stuff


Do you know what was really great about our simple Christmas?? In about a 30 minute time span yesterday, Rick and I had all of our Christmas decorations packed away and the tree drug to the garage for it's 2-day mandatory stay before it can be put into the ground. Almost all of our decorations fit into a vacuum cleaner sized boxed. We just chuckled at all the poor saps in our neighborhood who will have to be taking down their Christmas lights in the next few days. (Of course they just might chuckle at us when Rick is trying to dig a hold in the ground for our Ball and Burlap Christmas tree and he's covered in sap!) We'll take our chances.

Now it's back to normal. Can we all say Ahhhhhhhhhhh ..........

I am hoping to keep it fairly simple this week in the area of meals. In fact, other than picking up a few items from the store, I'd like to try to purge the pantry and freezer over the next two weeks.

Here is what we are having this week:

Monday ~ Pork chops and linguine

Tuesday ~ Sub sandwiches and chips

Wednesday ~ Fend for Yourself

Thursday ~ Roast, potatoes and veggies in the crock pot

Friday ~ Homemade mini pizzas

Saturday ~ Vegetable beef soup (made with leftovers from the roast)

Sunday ~ Mini roast beef sandwiches (on leftover Christmas Day rolls)

Have a wonderful week! And, if you are one of the aforementioned persons taking down their Christmas lights, I apologize for my sarcasm.

4 comments:

  1. looks like a great menu and good luck digging the hole :)

    I need to purge but then my grocery bill is so sky high to replace everything, not sure which is better.

    will be posting our birds post and my menu today/tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I don't feel so bad knowing that we aren't the only ones who had all remnants of Christmas boxed away by noon yesterday. I feel so much more refreshed and much less anxious when everything is in order {must be the OCD in me} Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel totally educated now...I'm from the Ozarks and didn't realize until now that people are even supposed to take their lights down from year to year. Does that mean that throwing a sheet over the decorated tree is also not acceptable? Now, I AM in a panic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even tell you how jealous I am! Marcus just took down the one million empyt boxes from my attic to fill up with Christmas decorations. I think it might take me more than 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!