Thursday, February 3, 2011

And I have to laugh ...


It always cracks me up how people freak out at the mere mention of a heavy snow. When we are going to get some weather, I typically do head out to the grocery store to get enough groceries to get us through a few extra days just so I don't have to get out. However, I'm not afraid to get out and I don't go nutso buying nuclear war supplies.

I am always amazed at the looks of sheer terror and determination at the grocery store and how every egg, gallon of milk, bottle of water and roll of toilet paper are cleared off the shelves.

Last week I did buy some bottled water, just in case we had frozen pipes or something and needed some water. Besides, we sometimes like to drink bottled water. But we had three gallons of milk already, several rolls of toilet paper and, why do you need to stock up on eggs in a snow storm????

But today I did send my husband to the store because, guess what we are out of ... milk and toilet paper! Who would have imagined???

Rick just called and said he can't find a gallon (or half gallon) of milk anywhere! Ooooops ...

So, I have to laugh that me, who thinks the hysteria is ridiculous, is out of milk and probably won't be able to get any for several days. There's no word on the toilet paper yet.

Let the rations begin!!

1 comment:

  1. So that's why people stock up on toilet paper and milk! I never buy into the hysteria, but perhaps I should take a lesson from you. Good luck on the milk/TP search!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!