| Doesn't look too bad in this picture ... |
| ... until you look closer and see that our tree swing is buried and the snow is up half over the headwalls and bushes. |
Rick was able to dig us out today .. by literally .. DIGGING!
| 21" to dig through. |
We won't be going anywhere for a while, though. The snow is 2 feet deep .. our official snow total was 21". Rick completely shoveled about 1/3 of the driveway to the concrete, and was able to shovel down a bit more the rest of the way so he could, at least, get his car out. He drove to the front of our subdivision and back.
The kids went out and played, even though the high was only 10 degrees today. And I was impressed that they stayed out for the hour-and-a-half they did. Getting around was pretty difficult, since the snow came up to their mid-thighs.
They did get in a little sledding with daddy ...
and Eli found a yummy icicle ...
I think Rick might attempt to go to work by the end of the week. But the kids and I won't be leaving any time soon. I actually enjoy being housebound.
yep I was outside shoveling our all our snow it took 2 hours outside not fun!
ReplyDeletehave fun! we've been having a blast balloon tennis was a huge hit
I enjoy being housebound too....especially since Michael is home. Oh, we just finished eat your lasagna recipe...yummy! It's a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWow! You did get a lot! Everyone looks like they are having SO much fun. I have been out taking pictures today in awe of how much there is.
ReplyDeleteLove your winter pictures.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a PERFECT snow day! I am so thankful we didn't get that much here in Arkansas!!!
ReplyDeleteFor the second time in sixteen years, we closed the law office! You all certainly got hit! I'm thankful you didn't lose power....that is the worst and can take the fun out of being stranded real fast. If you can stay in and look out from the warmth of your house with your family safe and sound, it's a good thing.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the kids are having fun with all the snow! The shoveling out had to take Rick a long time!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is just so ridiculously cute! I can't believe I haven't stumbled on it sooner (I actual found it when commenting here http://thelegacyofhome.blogspot.com/2011/02/charles-spurgeon-morning-and-evening.html). I'm a fellow homeschooler and I'll be following you now. You can find me at www.ourbestdaze.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteBTW, I'm jealous of your snow :-( (yes I'm in the southern part of the country that hasn't had a blizzard, yet, lol)