Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... The sun is shining brightly, but ooooohhhhh it's cold out there!

I am thinking... about a recurring issue.

I am thankful ... for Springtime, not only in my environment but also in my heart and spirit.

I am wearing... a gold long-sleeved t-shirt, a blue-gold-white plaid button-up shirt, dark jeans and American Eagle white tennis shoes.

I am planning... travel plans for Pensacola IN THREE WEEKS!!

I am creating... the curriculum for an MBA Business Law course for a Christian university.

I am going... to devote some time to Kyndal at the end of this week to get her ready for her Winter formal on Saturday.

I am reading...  The craziness of my life has been interfering with my reading. I am still in the middle of Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner, and hope to finish it by the end of this weekend. I have another book in my bag waiting for me. I am still reading Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss and the Book of Psalms (daily devotional). I finished A Room for Cathy by Catherine Woolley (my favorite book as a child, published in 1950), and we are still reading The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli (Dawson's read-aloud).

I am hoping... that warm weather is coming soon so that we can get that garden planted. I am so ready!

From the learning rooms... Brynne and I are studing "Observation" this week. We observed birds yesterday and will be observing the sun with a homemade sundial today (as well as the birds). Eli has a report due on a president. We He chose Theodore Roosevelt. He wrote his report and is now practicing it to present it in front of his class. It's going well! Dawson is studying The Middle Ages and Plant Science. We have herbs growing and are learning about the plant life cycle. He is also working on a great faux stained-glass project. Kyndal's main focus right now is baseball season, but seems to be "on top" of school. We She did a 3-D neuon project last night. (Maybe all the "we" things are why I haven't been reading as much as I want????)

Noticing that ... it's that time of year again .. time to shed a few winter pounds and start getting back into shape. I'm ready to start running again.

From the kitchen... I am fixing dinners based on ingredients we have on-hand. I have been able to skip a trip to the grocery store this week, probably due to all the stocking up in anticipation of the previous snow storms.

Around the house... are board games everywhere! I keep putting them in the game cabinet and Eli keeps getting them out to play them. There are three in the kitchen and two upstairs needing to be put away again.

One of my favorite things... was the picture of my Saturday this past week: I was on the couch in my comfy clothes, watching a Criminal Minds marathon, with my computer and a book, inputting grades and doing lesson plans, researching projects and writing curriculum for my job, surrounded by my puppies and the occasional kid and husband.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Not much actually, with the exception of Kyndal's Winter Formal this weekend. I really just need to do some housework.

From my picture journal.

Me and Brynne at Pops on Historic Route 66, with Brynne enjoying her apple soda.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

  1. We all went to Pops on Sunday the 13th. It's so much fun!! My kids thought all of the different sodas were so cool!! I'll be posting pics soon on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel the same way : Bring On Spring! I'm ready. Looking forward to hearing about your beach trip in a few weeks. (insert JEALOUSY!)
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!