Update: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 1:00 p.m.
** Monday, January 31, 2011, 6:00 p.m. **
** Monday, January 31, 2011, 6:00 p.m. **
** Done in anticipation of a "perfect storm" that's headed our way **
Outside my window... Right now it has gotten dark and the smell of a winter storm is in the air. ** There is blowing snow, as deep as my knees, and it's not supposed to stop until about 3:00 tomorrow morning. I am looking at something Oklahoma has never seen before.
I am thinking... that 18" of snow would be so fun, as long as we don't lose power in the process! ** We didn't lose power, and we have at least 18" of snow, and more coming! And I am still thinking how much fun this is!
I am thankful ... for the warmth of my home tonight. Praying it stays warm and heated! ** That we have not lost power and that we are all snuggly warm in our house.
I am wearing... gray leggings, a plaid button-up shirt dress, white long-sleeved t-shirt under it, a scarf around my neck and my gray slipper boots. ** gray fleece pants, wool socks and layered tops.
I am planning... to try to stay sane over the next several days when we are all snowed in. ** To lay right here in bed with my cup of coffee, my computer, my book and my cat for as long as I can get away with it.
I am creating... ideas for how to keep us busy while we are cozied-up-as-a-family. ** Just got done making a couple of new bird feeders out of gallon milk jugs and sticks. Rick and I braved the blizzard and went and hung them up for the freezing/starving birds.
I am going... to pray that we don't lose power tonight. ** To enjoy the view outside.
I am reading... A Woman after God's own Heart by Elizabeth George (a chapter a week), Love Letters from Ladybug Farm by Donna Ball (the last in the series), Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss and the Book of Psalms (daily devotional), A Room for Cathy by Catherine Woolley (my favorite book as a child, published in 1950, that I ordered and received this week in the mail), Meet Josefina by Valerie Tripp (Brynne's read-aloud) and The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli (Dawson's read-aloud). ** Today I'm going to finish Love Letters from Ladybug Farm.
I am hoping... again, that we don't lose power with this storm. In 2007 we lost power for several days. The kids and I drove late at night to my parents' because they had better weather and a generator. But they are getting the same storm we are, and now we have doggies we can't leave behind, so we'll have to chance it. ** That we have the next several days of fun playing in the snow. I want us to build a huge snow fort!
From the learning rooms... Eli celebrated his 100th day of school today. School has already been cancelled for tomorrow, and my early prediction is that it will be cancelled for the rest of the week. I still have plans to have Brynne do some activities this week related to our For the Birds study. The 3 R's will be suspended until public school resumes. Dawson, however, will still have school. He is going snowboarding with my husband next week and will miss four days of school. We had already planned to make up those four days this week, so were doubling up assignments Monday through Thursday. Now with public school being out, he can't afford to miss those days too. Stinky timing, but necessary. ** I thought today was Saturday .. the dangers of being a homeschool mom. Dawson and I will do some social studies and science later, once he finally wakes up. Yes, it's 1:00 p.m. and my teenage boy is still sleeping!
Noticing that ... my joints know a storm is brewing. ** the snow is absolutely beautiful!
From the kitchen... is simmering a big pot of chicken and noodles. ** I made sausage gravy over toast and Rick made scrambled eggs for breakfast/brunch.
Around the house... are freshly hung suet cakes and mini bird-houses filled with birdseed, and birdseed scattered on the ground. ** the bird seed is almost gone, even though we replenished with all we had left this morning. The blackbirds are overtaking my backyard.
One of my favorite things... is huge snow where snowmen and snow forts can be built. There's nothing more fun than sinking into a foot of snow with every step. ** experiencing my first cup of coffee in the morning.
I am hoping... again, that we don't lose power with this storm. In 2007 we lost power for several days. The kids and I drove late at night to my parents' because they had better weather and a generator. But they are getting the same storm we are, and now we have doggies we can't leave behind, so we'll have to chance it. ** That we have the next several days of fun playing in the snow. I want us to build a huge snow fort!
Scripture I'm memorizing ... "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me ... Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me." ~ Psalm 51:10-11
From the learning rooms... Eli celebrated his 100th day of school today. School has already been cancelled for tomorrow, and my early prediction is that it will be cancelled for the rest of the week. I still have plans to have Brynne do some activities this week related to our For the Birds study. The 3 R's will be suspended until public school resumes. Dawson, however, will still have school. He is going snowboarding with my husband next week and will miss four days of school. We had already planned to make up those four days this week, so were doubling up assignments Monday through Thursday. Now with public school being out, he can't afford to miss those days too. Stinky timing, but necessary. ** I thought today was Saturday .. the dangers of being a homeschool mom. Dawson and I will do some social studies and science later, once he finally wakes up. Yes, it's 1:00 p.m. and my teenage boy is still sleeping!
Noticing that ... my joints know a storm is brewing. ** the snow is absolutely beautiful!
From the kitchen... is simmering a big pot of chicken and noodles. ** I made sausage gravy over toast and Rick made scrambled eggs for breakfast/brunch.
Around the house... are freshly hung suet cakes and mini bird-houses filled with birdseed, and birdseed scattered on the ground. ** the bird seed is almost gone, even though we replenished with all we had left this morning. The blackbirds are overtaking my backyard.
One of my favorite things... is huge snow where snowmen and snow forts can be built. There's nothing more fun than sinking into a foot of snow with every step. ** experiencing my first cup of coffee in the morning.
A few plans for the rest of the week... ummm ... snow days, snow days and more snow days. I'm not planning to leave his house until next week. ** Well, that hasn't changed. We won't be leaving this house until at least the weekend.
From my picture journal.
And I just think she's gorgeous!
From my picture journal.
And I just think she's gorgeous!
** Fun winter photos coming soon!!
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Wow that is too much snow for me, we are just getting rain & 50 degree temps, in KY. Damaging winds are coming later tonight. Hope we don't lose power. Have fun enjoying your snow and be safe.
ReplyDeleteI live in Upstate NY and am used to this kind of snow but of course we got missed entirely so I guess we traded! All that hype for nothing...enjoy it and stay warm and safe! Your kids are ALL gorgeous!! What a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures they wonderful.
ReplyDelete