Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Canton Finds

If you have never been to First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas, and you have the opportunity .... Goooooo!!!!!  My mom, aunt and I went down there this past weekend. We shopped from 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday and from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. After we struggled through dinner each night, we collapsed into our hotel beds. It was exhausting, exhilarating and oh. so. fun.

I came home with a hodge-podge of items. I bought some Christmas gifts, some trendy boutique items for myself, a Canton t-shirt, and some other fun things as follows ..

I didn't have a good window to hang this stained-glass in, so I hung it on the wall in my kitchen. It's quite large. I am praying we don't have another earthquake that shakes it to a shattered mess on the floor.

The cutest tin painted by the cutest little old lady.

I have been wanting a cream and sugar set. I bought this one for $2.00.

I loved these floral picks that I got for $1.00 apiece.

I just loved this little iron wheelbarrow.

This might seem like a silly thing to buy, but it was a book of high-end upholstery fabric swatches for $2.00. I used it for several things.

I put some inside the glass doors of my curio cabinet in the kitchen.

I lined some shelves.

I decorated the dog treat jar and put one under it as a rug.

I have some other ideas for the other swatches I have left. I'm probably going to add some design to some pillows and make a piece of artwork.

This was a great weekend and we have decided to go every year. The weather was perfect, and it was a great way to recharge.

3 comments:

  1. What great finds!

    I can dig through stuff like that for hours. You never know what you're going to "unearth".

    Glad you had such a good time with your Mom and Aunt. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time! I always find unique and fun items. We'll be heading back out in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!