Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... Rainy, dreary fall day. But I LOVE IT!!!

I am thinking... how nice it is to have Rick just 10 minutes away during the day. He can come home for lunch if he wants and he's nearby to pop in for events with the kids.

I am thankful ... for a great weekend in Canton with my mom and aunt. We can't wait to do it again next year!

I am wearing... long-sleeved burnout layered t-shirt, skinny jeans, rain boots, gray jacket.

I am planning...  to get caught up on inputting grades this weekend. I am so far behind. I say every quarter that I'm not going to get behind but I do.

I am creating... a course description for the business law class I signed on to write (only have to do the course description now, and write the class starting in January.)

I am going... to take Brynne to the library this morning to pick up "Pup" from his sleepover. Last night she went for a sleepover storytime and left her beloved Pup there. Today she gets to pick him up and see pictures of all the fun stuff he did while spending the night at the library. She'll be glad to get him back. There were extreme tears several times last night because she missed him.

I am reading...  The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Dawson's read-a-loud).

I am hoping... for a fun holiday season.

From the learning rooms... Continued fall studies for Brynne. We will also be doing some studies on Earthquakes. She was really scared when we had one the other day and knowledge helps conquer fear. Dawson is moving on to the invention of the steamboat and Abe Lincoln's early life. We will finally be wrapping up the Patterns of Life (aka "the introduction") in our Biology text. We have been taking it really slow but are getting ready to launch into Energy. Eli's "Fly Guy" character pumpkin won the contest. He was SOOOOO excited! And Kyndal is going to her first hair show this week. The girls are all dressing up fancy and getting ready together at Tech, then going to dinner before the show.

Noticing that ... this has been the craziest year for weather here in Oklahoma! First we had three feet of snow (unheard of). Then we had deadly tornadoes (unfortunately very heard of). Then we had the hottest summer (by a long shot) since the 1930's. Now we have experienced three earthquakes in the past few days. We felt another one last night. Crazy!!!

From the kitchen... hang some new rooster goodies I got at Canton First Monday Trade Days.

Around the house... are upholstery fabric swatches everywhere. Stay tuned for a post tomorrow about what I mean.

One of my favorite things... is a productive day.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Everything we are doing this week has already been stated above. I am looking forward to a pretty quiet week and nothing to do this weekend!

From my picture journal.

This is my grandma's recipe box. It has all of her secret recipes. I would weigh 500 pounds if I fixed these desserts for my family every night. There are some great recipes in there.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!