Thursday, November 24, 2011

Truly Thankful


I have much to be thankful for today, and I sit and reflect ...

I am thankful ... my husband is taking the time to reconnect with his family this week. They have not been close over the past several years, and was so nice to see him looking forward to spending time with them.

I am thankful ... that Kyndal and Dawson have such rich Thanksgiving traditions with their dad's family. I know they look forward to it every year. Their grandma is the best cook around.

I am thankful ... to be surrounded today by my two little sweet babies and all my doggies. I feel very loved and cherished.

I am thankful ... for the opportunity to see the true joy and excitement in my children while watching the iconic Macy's Day Parade and to hear Brynne proclaim, "That is the greatest thing I have ever watched!"

I am thankful ... for healthy children. As I watch the St. Jude's commercials, and nurse a sweet baby girl who is in bed with a rotten cold, I am thankful she is home with me being nursed instead of in a hospital somewhere with a terminal illness.

I am thankful ... for a beautiful and comfortable home.

I am thankful ... that my parents have their dream homes and are enjoying their pre-retirement this week at their home in Pensacola.

I am thankful ... for that home for us all to gather after Christmas, and am looking forward to seeing my brother and sister-in-law and having our whole family together for the first time in years!

I am thankful ... I actually was able to get ahold of my brother and wish him a Happy Thanksgiving. It was nice to talk to him!

I am thankful ... for the miracle of a new baby, and that my sister gets another opportunity with motherhood.

I am thankful ... for the opportunity to be able to stay home and teach my children, while at the same time pursuing a dream part-time career that I have always longed for.

I am thankful ... for a homeschooling community that is loving and encouraging and active.

I am thankful ... that my Aunt Rhonda's breast cancer scares are over and that she is now healthy again.

I am thankful ... that my grandmother is in a home where she is well taken care of and safe, and that her Medicaid went through this week and there is no threat of her being evicted.

I am thankful ... for my little church home and all it does for our community.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my friends.

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
~ "Count Your Blessings" by Johnson Oatman, Jr., and  Edwin Excell

No comments:

Post a Comment

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!