Thursday, February 21, 2013

Getting By

Need a good English set BBC program to get you by until NEXT January when Downton Abbey returns? Try Lark Rise to Candleford. It is a British costume drama set in the 1880's about the two neighboring communities of Lark Rise and Candleford as seen through the eyes of a teenage girl who is moved from one place to the other.


Idaho Public Television has the entire series online for free. There are 40 episodes. The way I figure, you can watch one episode a week and then it will be time for Season 4 of Downton Abbey. An interesting fact is that one of the main characters of Lark Rise to Candleford is Brendan Coyle, who plays Bates on Downton Abbey.



I am really enjoying this series so far. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to check it out! I wish I would have watched the Downton Abbey videos one a week instead of trying to catch up. I watched 3 seasons in about 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to watch Downton Abbey. So many people are talking about it!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!