I walked in the morning. We had a productive day of school. I did and put away lots of laundry. We walked to my mom's for lunch. Eli had Scouts in the evening and then we came home for showers and t.v. time until bed. Dawson went Valentine's Day shopping for Taylar.
| Cozy up and read! |
Tuesday, February 12th
Walking was colder than it has been, but we got it done! It was a cloudy, cold day, so we all just felt sluggish. We trudged through school, and got it all done, but not with a lot of excitement. I dealt with a "situation" with a substitute teacher at Dawson's school. (Man, I wish all of my kids were homeschooled right from the start and stayed that way until graduation.) After school Dawson hung out at Taylar's, got some great Valentine's gifts from her parents (new windshield wipers, windshield washer fluid, oil to remind him to get his oil changed, and power steering fluid). He went to work and the little kids and I vegged. I fixed dinner and the kids played until bed while I laid on the couch and read and watched t.v. Dawson and I watched The Following. (oooh .. it is so chilling!)
| Some pirate lessons ... how hard it is to see with just one eye. |
Wednesday, February 13th
It was cold for walking, but it sure felt great! I came home and got ready for the day. The kids went ahead and took their baths/showers so that we didn't have to do it after church. We were feeling much more motivated and had a great day of school! I made mini-brownie muffins for Co-op on Thursday. We put together Valentines for Co-op and decorated red gift bags with heart stickers to collect Valentines (I was lame this year). We opted out of dinner at church, just eating something easy at home, instead, and I had bell choir practice. I went to the nursing home to see my grandma and to take Dawson's Social Security Card to him. My grandma has taken a huge turn for the worse and now she doesn't know any of us. I talked with her, though, and hope that deep down she knows that she is loved. After Dawson got off work he went "to town" with his friend to get Taylar some flowers for Valentine's Day. After he got home I put the kids to bed, watched Survivor, and went to bed.
| Some mornings it's just really hard to get started! |
Thursday, February 14th
We had a busy, but nice Valentine's Day. The little kids and I had Co-op. Afterward we had fast food for dinner. Brynne went to my niece's basketball game and the rest of us vegged out. One exciting thing happened, though ... Brynne's other front tooth fell out while she was eating lunch. My last baby has officially grown up. Once their two front teeth are gone, well, they might as well be graduating from high school. It goes by that fast.
| Dawson's favorite new thing .. his flashlight from Taylar. |
Friday, February 15th
We finished up our week with a good day of school. Our cub scout den leader and I met at our house to discuss the upcoming Blue and Gold Banquet while our kids played. Then I got ready and went to a Co-op Mom's Night Out painting pottery. The kids stayed home with Dawson. After MNO I ran to Walmart since I was near one.
| A bird map. |
Saturday, February 16th
Dawson started his day early with a 6-1 shift at the nursing home. I had a busy day Saturday running errands. A highlight was going out to the Amish store. I love that place. I ran by my mom and dad's to take my dad some soap I bought him there, and picked up my new trivet that he had made for me. When I got home I spent the rest of the afternoon putting together all of Dawson's homeschool records from last year for my upcoming meeting with the school to get him credit for his classes he took last year. I made dinner and we called it a night.
| My new favorite store. |
Sunday, February 17th
It was a typical Sunday. We got up and went to church. After church I did a little bit of housework while the kids played. Then I just had to take a nap. We went to my parents' for dinner and home for t.v. and bed.
| My new trivet! It is expandable so it can be small for one item or stretch to hold an entire hot dinner! |
Oh, I do LOVE that trivet!!! And the pic of you and the kids is a great one! Beautiful family!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are always so busy...in a good way!
ReplyDeleteLove the trivet. I think I need one of those!