Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... It is rainy and cold and dark. Yea!!

I am thinking... about how discouraged I have been feeling as a wife and mom and daughter and friend. It's taken me some soul-searching to figure out that it's just plain 'ol discouragement.

I am thankful ... that my mom was able to come spend some time with the kids this weekend.

I am wearing... a gray sweatsuit and tennis shoes.

I am planning... to get my rear in gear because the kindergarten/1st grade fall craft party at my son's school is in only one month and I am in charge. Lots to do!

I am creating... frog costumes ~ wish me luck!

I am going... to stay inside today and appreciate the sounds of a thunderstorm.

I am reading... A Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola and Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Comstock.

I am hoping... that I get out of this funk soon because this is usually the time of year when I am most excited because I love the fall weather and the holidays!

On my mind... (as related to above) is that my attitude right now, about almost everything, is "I don't care."

From the learning rooms... At Eli's Parent/Teacher Conference last week we learned that he is doing well in all of his subjects! Reading seems to be the one area where he might need some extra help. He loves math! Dawson and Brynne have adjusted well to their schedules at home with me. You can head over to Journey to Excellence to read specifically what they are doing in school. I went and met with Kyndal's Geometry teacher this past week and, hopefully, we have come up with a specific plan to help her get her grade up. It's just such a hard subject for her!

Noticing that ... I really do feel so much more energized all day when I bite-the-bullet and get up early to exercise before the rest of the family wakes up.

From the kitchen... I'm trying a new recipe tonight.

Around the house... is darkness, thunder and lightening.

One of my favorite things... is Tuesday night. I have declared it "It's Tuesday!" That means, I'm not doing anything all night but sitting in my favorite chair and watching t.v.

A few plans for the rest of the week... The older kids are going with their dad for Fall Break, so we won't have school Thursday, Friday or Monday. I'm taking Eli and Brynne to pick apples at an apple orchard on Thursday. On Friday we are going to a gym for open gymnastics with our homeschool coop. We don't have any plans for this weekend, that I know of. That works for me.

From my picture journal.

A kitty at the pumpkin patch.

Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



3 comments:

  1. Let me know how the spaghetti casserole turns out!! I might like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get out of your funk soon! Good luck with the frog costumes. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I love thunderstorms...I'm slightly jealous! I hope you have a great relaxing night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dealing with my own attitude issues lately. Hang in there! It was good to see you last Friday!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!