Friday, October 29, 2010

Rick Rocks ~ Because He Loves My "Endearing" Qualities

That's what I like to call them ... Endearing. I would imagine Rick has other names for them. Let me explain.

This morning while taking Kyndal to her friend's for a ride to school, my gas light came on. This is a regular occurrence for me. It brought back a memory of a business trip Rick took a couple of years ago to Taiwan. The flight home was quite long, as I am sure you can imagine. About the time he was flying into Tulsa, I was out with the kids scoping out possible lots for us to build on. And I ran out of gas. And apparently I had a problem with my fuel pump because even when we put gas in it, it wouldn't start. I had to call AAA. They couldn't get it started. So the second Rick got off the plane from his very long trip, he had to come to my rescue. He was a little irritated. Huh? I can't imagine!

Let's just say that we get our money's worth from AAA. I have them speed-dialed. Between locking my keys in my car and running out of gas, they are kept pretty busy. Endearing Quality No. 1.

Then there was the time that I got a new cell phone on Saturday and on Monday I ran over it with my car. Endearing Quality No. 2.

And I am sure that Rick starts to get giddy when he pulls in the driveway every night at 5:30 p.m. because he will be greeted by his wife who is already in her pjs and robe. Endearing Quality No. 3.

When his cell phone rings, I know he thinks, "What is this going to cost me?" or, "I better get my GPS on because she is lost and needs directions." And, he's right 98% of the time. Endearing Quality No. 4.

And his favorite end-of-the-day activity is tucking this grandma into bed ... turning down her bed, getting her favorite pillow, turning on her fan, making sure all itty-bitty-blinky lights in our neighborhood have tape over them lest one lazer beam into my closed eyes causing me to lose sleep, getting the thermostat adjusted exactly right, turning down his t.v. in the living room so I can't even imagine that I hear it, and giving up his sleeping spot for the two dogs and cat that snuggle with me when I sleep. Yeah. Endearing Quality No. 5.

I have many other Endearing Qualities. I am sure Rick has a list.

But I do laundry. And that's what keeps him coming back for more.

Rick Rocks ~ Because he puts up with loves my Endearing Qualities. (What's not to love?)

3 comments:

  1. And my Simon would read this list and say....she sounds VERY normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of those same endearing qualities too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I know I have asked you this before....Are you sure we are not related?

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!