I thought long and hard about it. This time of year is my crazy, busy time of year. It always was, and that was before I started homeschooling. My friends always make fun of me around the middle of January when I finally come out of hibernation. All of my kids' birthdays are between the months of August and December, and there's school starting, now homeschooling, fall activities, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and just everyday life.
I tend to be a tad grumpy. I tend to get in a funk. Last year, I didn't put out one fall decoration (which is my favorite season!) We decided to do an Old Fashioned Christmas and decorated our house for Christmas on December 23rd and took it down on December 26th. We didn't put up any lights or garland or bows or anything. Scrooge ... that's me. October is when my mood starts to decline.
So, in thinking about this, now that it's October 1st, I decided on my 31 Days theme:
31 Days of Enjoying the Busy Season
I pulled out my fall decorations and decorated our front door.
I used the corn stalks from my own garden to tie around our lamppost.
I pulled some weeds and did a tad bit of cleanup in my vegetable garden. I planted some bushes. I worked around my birding area, cleaning out the bird bath and planting a butterfly bush and a hosta lily.
Doing all of this made me very happy. And I enjoyed myself.
It all looks great!
ReplyDeleteYour door looks beautiful! I love this theme. You're about to get a bazillion comments from me!
ReplyDelete