Outside my window... I sit with my coffee, my dog, and the beautiful morning. I can hear geese honking in the distance, and some lingering crickets. And is that the sound of chipmunks??
I am thinking... about how I would love to have a true pj day where we did absolutely nothing but lay on the couch and rest all day.
I am thankful ... that a small storm seems to have passed, the clouds have cleared a bit, and some sunshine is peeking through (metaphorically speaking).
I am wearing... black nylon pants, tennis shoes, and my "Queen Mom" t-shirt with a zip-up hoodie tied around my waist.
I am planning... outfits for a family photo.
I am creating... A fun Halloween t-shirt (or two or three), thanks to this post.
I am going... to seriously make sure I get everything done early today so that I can get in my pjs and into my favorite chair by 7:00 p.m. to start watching my favorite night of t.v. shows!
I am reading... The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Geez ... I haven't been reading at all), The Captain's Dog by Roland Smith, (Dawson's read-a-loud), lots of books each day with Eli and Brynne, 1 John (as part of the Good Morning Girls Bible study) and getting ready to start The Borrowers with Brynne because we are going to see the play at the beginning of next month.
I am hoping... that a certain fellow at Rick's job gets put in his place so that he doesn't make the whole company (primarily Rick) miserable for the next year until he retires.
From the learning rooms... This week things are changed up a bit because of a free field trip to the Tulsa Geoscience Center that popped up. Brynne is learning about fossils and Dawson is taking a break from Biology to learn about solar energy. Brynne is also doing a unit on Columbus Day this week, which she is really loving so far. She is also way into learning all 51 states and the Fifty Nifty song, so I am going to have to get it on cd for her. Eli is pushing ahead. We will be having an emphasis on reading in the next two weeks because he needs to read about five books and test on them to meet his quarterly reading goal. He can do it! And, Kyndal has decided that maybe she should start doing her homework and taking school seriously, now that she knows I am serious about her being grounded. She does do schoolwork better when she is doing it with a friend, so I have agreed that her one friend can come over in the afternoons so they can do their homework together. Cheaper than a tutor.
Noticing that ... I am a control freak and have extreme trust issues.
From the kitchen... I think we'll just do some hot dogs and brats tonight. Keep it simple.
Around the house... The usual piles of school projects. That is neverending and just a part of our life now. We call it "home decor".
One of my favorite things... Sunday afternoon naps. I've been making a point of having them.
A few plans for the rest of the week... It's a little busy this week. Today is our one day with nothing going on (other than Eli's bowling date with daddy). Tomorrow, Dawson and I have early eye appointments and then we are headed to Tulsa for the day. Dawson will have youth in the evening. Thursday we are home, but I have to get everything ready for the sub for my Continent Crossers class and deliver it to her in the evening. On Friday, we are going to the zoo with Eli's class. That night we have a surprise 40th birthday party to attend for our neighbor (he doesn't read this). And on Saturday we have invited some friends over for dinner. We'll have church on Sunday and then I'm taking that nap!!!
I am hoping... that a certain fellow at Rick's job gets put in his place so that he doesn't make the whole company (primarily Rick) miserable for the next year until he retires.
From the learning rooms... This week things are changed up a bit because of a free field trip to the Tulsa Geoscience Center that popped up. Brynne is learning about fossils and Dawson is taking a break from Biology to learn about solar energy. Brynne is also doing a unit on Columbus Day this week, which she is really loving so far. She is also way into learning all 51 states and the Fifty Nifty song, so I am going to have to get it on cd for her. Eli is pushing ahead. We will be having an emphasis on reading in the next two weeks because he needs to read about five books and test on them to meet his quarterly reading goal. He can do it! And, Kyndal has decided that maybe she should start doing her homework and taking school seriously, now that she knows I am serious about her being grounded. She does do schoolwork better when she is doing it with a friend, so I have agreed that her one friend can come over in the afternoons so they can do their homework together. Cheaper than a tutor.
Noticing that ... I am a control freak and have extreme trust issues.
From the kitchen... I think we'll just do some hot dogs and brats tonight. Keep it simple.
Around the house... The usual piles of school projects. That is neverending and just a part of our life now. We call it "home decor".
One of my favorite things... Sunday afternoon naps. I've been making a point of having them.
A few plans for the rest of the week... It's a little busy this week. Today is our one day with nothing going on (other than Eli's bowling date with daddy). Tomorrow, Dawson and I have early eye appointments and then we are headed to Tulsa for the day. Dawson will have youth in the evening. Thursday we are home, but I have to get everything ready for the sub for my Continent Crossers class and deliver it to her in the evening. On Friday, we are going to the zoo with Eli's class. That night we have a surprise 40th birthday party to attend for our neighbor (he doesn't read this). And on Saturday we have invited some friends over for dinner. We'll have church on Sunday and then I'm taking that nap!!!
From my picture journal.
I saw this on the Five J's blog yesterday and haven't been able to get my mind off of it.
I saw this on the Five J's blog yesterday and haven't been able to get my mind off of it.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.


What can I say, "Great minds think alike?" :) The quote has stuck with me as well ... ever since I first saw it. It's very simple, yet profound.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your shows. I love fall TV.