Monday, October 31, 2011

I Shouldn't

Last week I posted about a job assignment opportunity I had received. After much thought, discussion, and prayer, I have decided not to take the assignment. It's hard to pass up the money. But, this is just an impossible time of year for me to do any extra activities. For me, my family has to come first. And doing this job would cause me to have to make daily choices whether to work on the assignment or take care of very specific family needs. I don't want to have the stress of making those kinds of decisions, and then feel guilt regardless of which choice I make. Sometimes you have to give up something good to do what's best.

So, I have turned down the job. I am hoping that I will be contacted for another opportunity in the future, after the holidays, when my life slows considerably.

Two hours later ......

After I sent the e-mail turning down the job, I received a reply asking me if I would take the job if I didn't have to start until January. Since my busy season ends at the first of the year, I accepted. I should have a revised contract today. The great part is that I can still work on it a bit here and there until then, if I want. Should I or shouldn't I?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a blessing that you were able to put your family first & still have the opportunity to do this job. If you truly have free time (not sacrificing fun time with your family) then starting now will probably make life easier later. However, knowing this is your busy season it might be wise to use those few & far between moments of downtime to rest so that you can really enjoy this busy season... the work can always wait. :)

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!