But, it wasn't with who you might think ...
Dawson and I had a little date night last night. I dropped him off at church (to practice running the PowerPoint for church service on Sunday) and I ran some errands until he was done. Then I picked him up for our date.
We went to Taco Bell for dinner. (Ambiance is not required when you are with your teenage son. In fact, it's kind of discouraged.) Then we went to do some shopping. Dawson just continues to grow and grow, and he needed some new summer clothes. He's so fun, because he just loves all the quirky t-shirts that are out there. So he stocked up. His other two clothing-items-of-choice are cargo shorts and beanies. He scored on both.
Dawson loves to shop, so he's a lot of fun! He even helped me pick out some things for the other kids, including swimming suits for Brynne.
I think one-on-one time with your children is so important. As they get older, it seems to get harder to get them to make the time for you, especially when you spend most of the day with them already! I am blessed that Dawson likes to spend time with me. He's a great companion!
He'll be staying home from Florida this next week for Spring Break .... his choice. He looks so forward to long school breaks because his two best friends come over for the entire break and they have some very important guy time. His only request is that Rick take them to see Act of Valor, and then they want to go with him to play in a pool tournament at church tomorrow night.
I am grateful for the time we were able to spend together last night. I have learned not to take those moments for granted.
Now, tonight .... Date night with my man! Ambiance is required.
I think it's wonderful that he loves to spend time with you. I really hope Dylan is the same way when he grows up. I agree with the importance of spending time alone with each child!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post. It's obvious that the two of you have a very special connection. Cherish it.
ReplyDelete