Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... has been a squirrel. Seriously, a small squirrel has been climbing on the screen of our office window. And she squeals, but we can't figure out why. She has been a constant form of entertainment for the kids.

I am thinking... about how much I prefer sleeping in until 9 a.m., waking to the sunshine of Florida, and lazing around all day.

I am thankful ... that Brynne's foot doesn't appear to be broken. She fell off the monkey bars in Florida and couldn't walk on it for two days. She is still hobbling around, but able to put weight on it.

I am wearing... a pink American Eagle baseball shirt, jeans, gray slip on shoes (Toms knock-offs from Kohls).

I am planning...  next year's school schedule, curriculum, etc.
 
I am creating... rock plant labels with Brynne. Yesterday we made a twig garden trellis. And Dawson and I are growing Fungi. I told Rick that those ziplock bags on the kitchen counter with bread in them are NOT his sandwiches for lunch!

I am going... to try to decide if I need to go back to the dentist today about my wisdom teeth. For the past couple of days I have had pain on one side that is sore when I touch my cheek. It's been a month. But this morning it feels better.

I am reading...  Fade to Blue by Julie Carobini, City of Orphans by Avi (Dawson's daily read-a-loud), The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (Brynne's daily read-a-loud),  Stepping Heavenward by E. Prentiss (my daily devotional).

I am hoping... that Dawson and my dental issues get completely resolved soon! Enough already!

From the learning rooms... Dawson is finishing up his unit on the early cities in America, growing Fungi, and gearing up for his dissection units. He started a new book, Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. He also started Driver's Ed (good grief!), and is working to finish up a couple of subjects soon. Brynne is also working to finish up some subjects for the year, while focusing mainly on our The Secret Garden unit, including gardening and baking. She finished her first real chapter book (10 chapters) and started another in the series today. She is 25 books away from reaching her 100 book goal for this year.

Noticing that ... we are an injury-prone family right now! Kyndal smashed her finger in her boyfriend's truck door. Brynne smashed Eli's fingers in the door leading to our garage. Brynne hurt her foot while in Florida. I sunburned my legs so bad in Florida that I am peeling in full sheets. Although Dawson hasn't had any accidents, he has oral surgery in two weeks. This is very unusual for us! We are usually pretty healthy!

From the kitchen... we are doing a pantry and freezer purge this week. But, it all sounds good! Brynne and I are also making some Orange Marmalade today. Yesterday we made Treacle.

Around the house... are summer/winter clothes that need to be switched out.

One of my favorite things... is the newness of Spring and the prospect of planting flowers.

A few plans for the rest of the week... We actually have a busy week this week. Today Dawson has to go get spacers put in to prepare for his oral surgery. Then Eli and Brynne have Boys and Girls Club this afternoon. Tomorrow we have a field trip to a green nursery. The children's musical practice at church starts tomorrow night. Thursday we are home all day. But on Friday we have a 5th Friday Fun Day with our Homeschool Co-op and we are going to a big children's museum and playground. I am planning to start Spring Cleaning the outdoors this weekend ... cleaning out my flower pots and flower/garden beds, washing windows, pruning bushes.

From my picture journal.

Oh, I shall miss you! See you next March!



Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!