Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Thankful for Love

I sit this morning feeling a deep settling feeling of peace and thankfulness. Do you ever have those moments?


I am thankful for a marriage of honor and respect. Things may not always be perfectly perfect, but I always feel like there is a giving and considerate attitude between us. I love Rick very much and I really love that he loves me. I know that I can always count on him.

I am thankful for the long conversations I had with Kyndal yesterday. She is such a strong young lady. I am also thankful for her boyfriend, who seems to be very intent on taking care of her.

I am thankful for the incredible young man Dawson is becoming. I love his friends and their relationships with Dawson and our family. Dawson is someone I have the pleasure of spending time with.

I am thankful for the news we received yesterday that Dawson's cyst/tooth issue is going to be able to be handled in an efficient and effective manner.

I am thankful for my little two stinkers. They find such joy in such simple things! They give 100% to everything they do and just truly enjoy it. Watching Brynne draw, Eli play with his toys, hear their heart-felt thanks when they get a new pair of pjs or a new pair of tennis shoes. I am cherishing this time with them.

I am thankful for the opportunity to spend time with my mom and sister next week in sunny Florida. We are so ready for some rest and relaxation that I know we will get!

I am thankful for the privilege of educating my children. I am excited for what they will learn every single day. I can't wait to have them all home next year.

I am thankful for my husband's new job. He is so happy there, so fulfilled, and one block away from the golf course (which makes HIM thankful!)

I am thankful for buds on the trees and spring shrubs. It's about time to start my garden, get my flower pots planted. The beauty of Spring is upon us.

I am thankful that it's now warm enough that I can resume my spot on my back porch. It is such a peaceful and relaxing place for me. I just sit and have a beverage, read, and watch the dogs and kids play.

I am thankful that I am feeling a little better every day, and that I have lost the last of my pounds I wanted to lose before summer.

I am SO thankful for God who takes care of things for me. I am thankful that I have been able to BE STILL and let God BE GOD. He has proven faithful to me again.

I am thankful for all of these things because they make me feel loved, protected, and at peace.

1 comment:

  1. The simple truth is that being thankful brings so much happiness....too bad so many people can't see that.

    Have a WONDERFUL trip.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!