Saturday, March 31, 2012

HSV Garden Challenge

It's that time of year again ... Time to get the Garden prepped and planted! I will be participating again in The Homeschool Village's Garden Challenge.


We have had an unseasonably warm winter, so our surroundings think it's already summer. Its hot and humid today! I have kind of been dreading the prep work because my gardens look like this ...




I think you would agree there is only one way to describe them ... PITIFUL!

I didn't even take a picture of the hill where I will be planting our pumpkin seeds. It's scary. Yeah, I have some work to do.

Brynne and I have been doing a unit on The Secret Garden, so we have been doing some prep work for our area that we will transform soon, and prepping some accessories.

This is my favorite gardening spot. After it's taken care of, it is beautiful!

Brynne and I painted these this week. Now all we need are the veggies to go with them.

My potting table already holds some tomato plants, stevia, ground cover, and ivy  to be planted in various places soon.


I've got too much indoor spring organization to do today, so I can't get to my gardening right now. So, for now, I'll just have to enjoy this ..



And you might want to jump over to HSV and see what other homeschool gardeners are doing this year.

5 comments:

  1. I love your garden signs/rocks. What a great idea and I'm sure my girls would love to do something similar for our garden. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painted rocks and am *so* jealous of your potting table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garden rocks!! You have beautiful flowers, too. Looking forward to seeing your garden grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness, your garden rocks are so cute! Great idea to do a Secret Garden unit. I too have been focused on indoor declutter, but I'm ready to get outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE the stones!! Thanks for linking up !

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!