Sometimes after I read a really good book, I have a hard time getting into another one. This has happened to me recently. I read The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. It was SOOOOOO good! Since then, I have tried to start three different books, but just couldn't get into them.
Dawson and I recently read a book from the 2012 Sequoyah list called Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson. It, too, was very good.
So, today I printed off the list of High School books on the 2012 Sequoyah list. These books are top-notch award winners, and since they are written for young adults, they will be a little easier read. I decided to read each book on the list, at least until I find another book I want to read more.
I am starting with Reality Check by Peter Abrahams. Stephen King calls Abrahams his "favorite American suspense novelist." The book is about a young high school football player who reads a headline in a newspaper that his former girlfriend, who has been sent away to boarding school, has been abducted. He heads out to find her.
Here are the other books on the list I plan to read:
Hate List by Jennifer Brown
Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford
After by Amy Efaw
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Say the Word by Jeannine Garsee
Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern
Brutal by Michael Harmon
Freaks and Revelations by David A. Hurwin
Pop by Gordon Korman
Blue Plate Special by Michelle Kwasney
Flash Burnout by L.K. Madigan
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell
Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten
No comments:
Post a Comment
In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!