Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Craziest Flowering Season

It has been a crazy season for flowers around here, because of the warm winter.

First, my vinca vine that is usually TOTALLY dead in my headwall pots, are all thriving! They even flowered!


I had one set of petunias survive the winter! Crazy!


These spriggy-uppy things (that's what I call them) also survived, so that will save me some cash.


The craziest still ... my MUMS grew for a second time this season ... in MARCH! I planted them in the ground today hoping that I was able to recycle them.


In my vegetable garden, I have lettuce, chives, and strawberries, all from last year.



And down the hill, where the pumpkin seeds will be planted this year, where I chucked the dying squash and zucchini plants last summer, in the midst of all the weeds, I believe I see NEW SQUASH and/or ZUCCHINI plants! What??


Have you had any unexpected spring flowers or returning veggies?

2 comments:

  1. The garden centers around you are going to loose some money this spring! Ha, but they'll make up for it here in Indy. Not much survived, even with the mild winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I have for some reason unknown to me as why my spaghetti squash is coming back. I never left any rotting squash there or anything???

    I think its the mild mild winter but I could me totally wrong.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!