Thursday, April 26, 2012

Close Enough to Perfect ~ Part 2

Yesterday you read about how perfect this past Friday night was.

Saturday started off perfect with us all sleeping in until around 9 a.m. I got up and had some coffee, while everybody else slowly woke up. Then we all got to work. I spent the morning cleaning house and Rick mowed the yard. Eli and Brynne even pitched in and cleaned their playroom. Dawson had cleaned his room and the nerd cave the day before.

After getting the house cleaned, the kids and I got ready and went to the zoo. It was a beautiful day ... not too hot nor too cool. It was perfect! Apparently the majority of Tulsa thought it was, too, because they were all at the zoo. The great part about having a family membership is that you can go and just do what you want for as long as you want and not feel like you have to do everything in one day and stay all day. We stayed for about three hours, leisurely walking around to see all of our favorite animals. I am always astounded how we see something new and exciting every time we go, no matter how many times we have been.




Some of our favorite spots are the penguin habitat, the prairie dogs, and the tigers. There is a new sea lion habitat that now has an underwater viewing area that is really incredible!





Since it was a cool day, many of the animals were out and about. And since it's spring, there were lots of new babies.

We had invited some of our good Co-op friends over for dinner, so we stopped on the way home and picked up some pizzas. We had so much fun! The little girls all played with Barbies and our doggies. The adults ate and talked and laughed. It was such a fun, easy night with great friends!

A clean house, nice day with the kids, and a great evening with friends. A perfect Saturday!

And tomorrow I'll tell you all about my perfect Sunday in my Part 3 post.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like the perfect weekend so far! I'm glad you got to go out, and I love the pictures from the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of a sudden Eli is looking so grown up! Glad you had the perfect weekend. Hope this one is just as good!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!