Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... were a couple of over- "played with" baby bunnies, who were "sleeping" on our back porch.

I am thinking... about the song How He Loves Us by David Crowder Band. We sang it in church on Sunday morning. It's one of my favorite songs and makes me so teary every time I hear it. Makes me realize that no matter what is going on in my world, He loves me.

I am thankful ... for an amazingly supportive husband, one who will do whatever it takes for his wife and children.

I am wearing... Denim capris, khaki canvas shoes, American Eagle shirt.

I am planning...  to handle this current matter with truth, integrity, and a clear head held high and with the power of my Lord. He is the ultimate Counselor. "The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still." ~ Exodus 14:14.
 
I am creating... plans for a little road trip to see some old friends.

I am going... to go pick Dawson up from a hard day at work, and Eli up from his LAST DAY of public school!

I am reading...  Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth, Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv, The Templar by P.C. Doherty

I am hoping... that my children know just how much I love them and that I will do anything for them.

From the learning rooms... Schooooooool's out for Summer!!

Noticing that ... spite costs, and a whole lot more than money.

From the kitchen... nothing tonight! We are celebrating the last day of school with dinner out at Cici's.

Around the house... are 10 new baby trees that we planted.

One of my favorite things... is hearing thanks from my kids when I have done something to help them, even when they didn't think they wanted to do it. (And an extra one ... when Dawson says, "You look so pretty today." He told me that yesterday, and really does pretty often.)

A few plans for the rest of the week... The church kids' musical cast party tomorrow night, a court date for Kyndal's car accident settlement, some unexpected meetings, and then some rest. I am going to need it.

From my picture journal.

I think sometimes our neighbors have to wonder ...


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



5 comments:

  1. That's the 2nd time I've seen that verse this morning. I think maybe the Lord is trying to tell me something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you Cheryl!! I hope you all are "surviving" in Hawaii. I know times are trying right now. Hang in there!

      Let God handle it! That verse has been my comfort and shield this year.

      Also ... listen to this version of "Blessed Be Your Name" by Newsboys. Make sure you listen to it all the way to the end. Empowerment!!!!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLycgKxlgc0

      Love you!

      Delete
  2. As long as you and Rick don't dress like that, you should be okay....although picturing that really does give me a chuckle.

    Hang in there girl. Whatever is going on will work out like it's supposed to. I believe it always does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Rick and I don't. But, the other night our neighbors stopped to chuckle at Rick and Dawson outside hitting golf balls at a life-size Barbie. Sometimes she gets pelted with air soft bullets. It just depends on the day.

      Delete
  3. I'm catching up on all your posts! That last picture is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!