Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it is quiet. It's going to be another hot day today,but hopefully on Wednesday night we are going to get some rain and the temps are supposed to drop into the high 70's. Oh, praying for that!

I am thinking... about how tired I really am.

I am thankful ... again, for Rick, and his willingness to be a real man, one with honor and integrity.

I am wearing... Red denim jeans, cream shirt, tan slip on shoes.

I am planning...  Eli and Brynne's birthday parties. It won't shock those who know me that I am in full planning mode even though their birthdays aren't until August and December.
 
I am creating... homemade stationary with our Keeper's Club group that meets this afternoon.

I am going... to have such a busy day. This morning Kyndal and I are working to take the next step to getting her a new car, and we have our Keeper's Club this afternoon at MY house. I have no snacks or anything prepared and my house is dirty after having it full of four teenagers for the past couple of days.

I am reading...  Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth, Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv

I am hoping... that my children know just how much I am willing to sacrifice for them.

From the learning rooms... I've been making a list of science questions Brynne has so that Daddy can use them to teach them on his Science Saturdays in the fall. (i.e. Do Mammoths only live in the snow? Why are you upside down when you look in one side of your spoon?)

Noticing that ... I am a completely different woman than I thought I would turn out to be. Life's circumstances have hardened me in many ways.

From the kitchen... Burgers on the grill. I need to get a plan together. I haven't done that in a couple of weeks.

Around the house... are sacked-out teenagers.

One of my favorite things... is sitting in bed in the early mornings drinking coffee and watching the birds frolic around. It's peaceful (and makes me not want to get up to start my crazy day!).

A few plans for the rest of the week... No plans this week beyond today's craziness. Things will quiet down with Kyndal going back to Missouri and Dawson leaving to go work with my dad for a couple of weeks. I am going to get back to my organization spree.

From my picture journal.

Evidence of my perfect morning: The leash and sunglasses from my morning walk with Crusoe. A notecard with a list of things to do for the day. My cell phone (not perfect, but it's there because I take it on my walks). A magazine with new recipes I want to try covered up by my computer which is covered up by my journal. That particular day I was reading about 1 Corinthians 13 and just had to write it down. My Bible and glasses. My coffee cup must be in my hand.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

  1. I'm a planner at heart, but I don't think I've ever started planning anything 7 months out!! lol. Coffee in hand.....I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's insane! I have just found that if I have a plan way in advance, I can find good, creative deals on things and save a good deal of money. This year we are doing Bowling and a Jedi Training Camp.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!