Outside my window... it is warm and muggy (in Missouri, where I am right now.)
I am thinking... about how he failed.
I am thankful ... for the babies that will be born in my family this year. What a blessing!
I am wearing... jeans, a short-sleeved plaid flannel shirt, and Sperry knock-offs.
I am planning... lesson plans about Knights.
I am creating... a bow holder for my sister's friend. She loved the one I made for my sister.
I am going... to sit on this screened porch and read my book for as long as I can, because my vacay ends tomorrow.
I am reading... Home Front by Kristin Hannah.
I am hoping... that the recent decisions Kyndal has made work out for her best.
From the learning rooms... We are in the home stretch! Only three more weeks. Dawson will finish up his basic studies, and review a new Algebra II curriculum for next year. He will finish dissections and will do a unit on knights, at his request. And he will complete the book and video portion of Driver's Ed. Brynne will finish up her basic studies. We finished our plant unit, so I think I will have her pick a few states she wants to study and we'll work hard on them. We also have some educational software to review, so I'll let her play with that some. Since it's the 60th anniversary of Charlotte's Web, I might start reading that to her and do a simple unit study on it. Or I could start reading Little House in the Big Woods to her. I bought the entire set at a consignment shop today for $6.95.
Noticing that ... my kids were always the baby nieces and nephews. Now my kiddos are pretty much grown and it will be my sister and brother having the baby nieces and/or nephews. I am old.
From the kitchen... Chinese leftovers for me and lots of Dairy Queen (two doors down from grandma and grandpas) for Eli and Brynne. Tonight ... pizza and salad.
Around the house... well, MY house, is a husband and four dogs who are wanting us home!
One of my favorite things... my mom's no-bake cookies. They are to die for!
A few plans for the rest of the week... We will go see my grandma at the nursing home and get Brynne's hair cut by my sister tomorrow before we leave to go home. We need to be home in time for Eli and Brynne's childrens' musical practice at church in the evening. On Thursday, we will have school, but then head to the Renaissance Festival on Friday. As far as I know, we don't have any plans for this weekend.
I am hoping... that the recent decisions Kyndal has made work out for her best.
From the learning rooms... We are in the home stretch! Only three more weeks. Dawson will finish up his basic studies, and review a new Algebra II curriculum for next year. He will finish dissections and will do a unit on knights, at his request. And he will complete the book and video portion of Driver's Ed. Brynne will finish up her basic studies. We finished our plant unit, so I think I will have her pick a few states she wants to study and we'll work hard on them. We also have some educational software to review, so I'll let her play with that some. Since it's the 60th anniversary of Charlotte's Web, I might start reading that to her and do a simple unit study on it. Or I could start reading Little House in the Big Woods to her. I bought the entire set at a consignment shop today for $6.95.
Noticing that ... my kids were always the baby nieces and nephews. Now my kiddos are pretty much grown and it will be my sister and brother having the baby nieces and/or nephews. I am old.
From the kitchen... Chinese leftovers for me and lots of Dairy Queen (two doors down from grandma and grandpas) for Eli and Brynne. Tonight ... pizza and salad.
Around the house... well, MY house, is a husband and four dogs who are wanting us home!
One of my favorite things... my mom's no-bake cookies. They are to die for!
A few plans for the rest of the week... We will go see my grandma at the nursing home and get Brynne's hair cut by my sister tomorrow before we leave to go home. We need to be home in time for Eli and Brynne's childrens' musical practice at church in the evening. On Thursday, we will have school, but then head to the Renaissance Festival on Friday. As far as I know, we don't have any plans for this weekend.
From my picture journal.
My sister, brother and I ... all grown up and with children of our own.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

sounds like a great time at home with your parents! Eli is so lucky to be out of school already, my girls still have 3 weeks (and counting)! can't wait for summer!
ReplyDelete