Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Big Splash Season

Our season for going to our local waterpark, Big Splash, has begun. We have had season passes for 12 years in a row.

I started with a 6 and 4 year old, moved out of the baby pool to the bigger pool, then back to the baby pool with a 6 month old, then an 18 month old the next summer while I was 7-8 months pregnant, stayed in the baby pool for a few more years with the little ones while the bigger kids graduated to going down the waterslides by themselves, got the older two old enough that they no longer wanted season passes, moved out of the baby pool to the bigger pool, and have the younger two now going down all of the slides alone, but with me still in tow to supervise. In the next year or two I will actually be able to arrive, get in a chair, and read for 3-4 hours while the kids run around all by themselves.

Our waterpark is great for us because it has enough to hold the kids' attention but is small enough that once they are a little older I won't worry about them running around without me tagging along.



We only went for a couple of hours today, but it was enough to get our "feet wet". They swam, went down every slide, and played in the wave pool. And, yes, I got to read.



Here's to another season!!

2 comments:

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!