Saturday, June 23, 2012

St. Louis Vacation Day 3 ~ City Museum

The day we had all been waiting for had arrived ... we were going to City Museum! If there is ONE thing you HAVE to do in St. Louis is to go to City Museum. It turns fully grown adults into squealing little girls as they climb, slide, and explore.

Before we could go have fun, Rick and I decided to take a trip to Urgent Care for his back. Thankfully it is just a strain, and he was told that movement and exercise were about the best things he could do for it. He was given some muscle relaxers, but the relief he will get from them will be minimal.

Onto City Museum ...



Pictures cannot even begin to express how cool this place is. It is four stories of climbing and sliding adventures indoors. And then outside is Monstro City that is another three or so stories of outside climbing and sliding fun. THEN there is The Roof that has MORE slides (a 10-story twisty one), more climbing, and even a ferris wheel on the roof!

I had to get involved in the fun. (Really, I was just trying to convince Brynne to try it. I am too old to climb in those tiny places. )That is the ROOF you see there. I had climbed up high. I had to turn around and come back down, though, because the only way out was through a tiny hole I was not even going to attempt.

All of the places you can climb is amazing. You might crawl through a tunnel on one side of the room and pop up out of the floor somewhere else. One time Eli was climbing around in some tunnels in the air and he showed up behind me. I said, "Where did you come from?" He said, "Underground." Huh? I have no idea how he got there.



Cages. Where all children should be. Just kidding!


Eli was directly ABOVE me, way up in the sky to ride down the three-story slide.

This is up on the ROOF of the City Museum. He's up there HIGH!




Dawson and Tonio are up in a cage in this dome. I would have been claustrophobic climbing up there.

Dawson coming down the Roof slide.

A lot of my pictures are of Eli, because he was a crazy man running around. I followed him all over the place! There was NOTHING he was too scared to try. Brynne, on the other hand, had a lot of fear. Art City was more her pace.


Dawson spent a lot of time in Art City, too, making this Spiderman mosaic.



Eli and Brynne's FAVORITE place was the skateboard park, where skateboards are not allowed. They ran and climbed on half-pipes and other fun things. (In fact, Brynne is REALLY sore this morning.)





See that bus way up there hanging off the roof? Eli was up there "driving" it.



Here is how high up it was ...


Speaking of heights, I did convince Brynne to ride the ferris wheel with me. This was our view.


But, it goes FAST and made her sick to her stomach and scared the crud out of her. Truth be told, I was a little freaked.

After five hours of play, and a few minor injuries, we were exhausted and read to go home! We came home and showered and had lasagna for dinner, and then crashed to get some rest for our last day of adventure in St. Louis. We were planning to go to both Grant's Farm and The Magic House, but decided not to over-do it and skip Grant's Farm. We wanted to make sure we saved enough time for dinner at Fitz's.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun! I am terrified of heights too, so I feel for Brynne!

    And poor Rick! I pray he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks amazing!!! I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!