Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... it has been unseasonably COOL in Oklahoma! Praise God! I actually have about 15 tomatoes on my plants, when last year I didn't get ONE because it never got below 85 degrees AT NIGHT! This could all change by noon, of course, but for now I am loving it.

I am thinking... about how I just cannot get myself up early in the morning for my walk. I say I am going to. I even wake up and think about getting out of bed "in a minute". And then the next thing I know I'm waking up an hour or more later.

I am thankful ... for the kind of son who would, spontaneously, take off his shirt in the car and put it across my lap so that I wouldn't get Taco Bell all over my white pants. It gives a whole new meaning to "he would give me the shirt off his back."

I am wearing... red and cream toile pajama bottoms and a red tank top.

I am planning...  Rick's birthday, our anniversary, and Father's Day, which are all within four days of each other.
 
I am creating... after this weekend at my sister's ... NOTHING! I need a break for a few days.

I am going... to get my house cleaned "like somebody's mama is coming for a visit", because mine is.

I am reading...  Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carnarvon, Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv

I am hoping... that Dawson passes his written driver's test for his driver's permit, on the first try, so we don't have to endure the DMV more than once.

From the learning rooms... Just some reading this week.

Noticing that ... the second mama bird on our back porch has new babies.

From the kitchen... gonna make some banana muffins. The kids love them!

Around the house... I'm back to my Acronym Cleaning Schedule:
Monday ~ Mounds of Laundry and Mop it Monday (obvious)
Tuesday ~ Toilets Tuesday (clean bathrooms)
Wednesday ~ Wipe it Wednesday (dusting)
Thursday ~ Tidy up Thursday (put things back where they go)
Friday ~ Finish Laundry and Floors Friday (repeat of Monday)

One of my favorite things... the friendship I have with my sister after all these (tumultuous) years.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today I am taking Dawson to work and Brynne has her Keeper's Club this afternoon. Tomorrow I am taking Eli and Brynne to the water park with some friends. On Thursday we will be staying home and taking it easy, although I might be taking Dawson to take his driver's test. It's Rick's birthday, so we will do all we can to make it special for him. On Friday, Rick and I are leaving for a fabulous anniversary weekend to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We are staying in a two-story "cabin" that backs up to the woods. It's one block from downtown. Rick's planning to play some golf while I do some serious vegging. We'll head back home on Sunday.

From my picture journal.

Me, my sister and my mom at Kristen's baby shower. Doesn't my mom look great for 61 (sorry mom)? I pray I look half that good at her age. In fact, I'm not sure I look that great now! She is evidence of someone who has always taken good care of herself ... eating healthy, exercising, no drinking or smoking. Yep, better start getting myself up in the mornings for that walk.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



3 comments:

  1. Boy oh boy....That Dawson is going to make a seriously wonderful husband one day! Such a sweetheart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful week and mini vacation!

    we are vegging this week because my little giggle girl has a hairline fracture in her ankles growth plate. We go monday to see about casting options :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a wonderful son! Good luck to Dawson!
    Your mom looks fantastic. You have a beautiful family!
    Enjoy your anniversary weekend! That sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!