Outside my window... It's chilly and overcast and I can hear a train whistle in the distance.
I am thinking... about how my time with Kyndal is so close to being over. I know that as soon as she graduates she will move back to Missouri, with her dad's side of the family, and I will lose my influence over her. I wonder if I have instilled enough of myself in her and if I have done enough to prepare her for what I think life will bring her way.
I am thankful ... for quiet nights at home.
I am wearing... gray fleece pants and a black zip up hoodie.
I am planning... meetings for the Fall Craft Party at school.
I am creating... ahhhhh, nothing again for a bit. The frog costumes about did me in.
I am going... to schedule Kyndal's appointment with Vo-Tech today so that she can continue on her journey of applying for cosmetology school, and schedule her next round of physical therapy for her back.
I am reading... A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola.
I am hoping... that Eli's teachers and I can come up with some solutions to help him with his difficulty in reading.
On my mind... is how hypocritical some are vocally in the name of being a Christ-follower and how I used to do the same things, in my petty judgments and in putting myself on a pedestal of believing I had "the answers" for someone else. It's all a matter of arrogance and pride.
From the learning rooms... Brynne read an entire book yesterday that she had never heard or read before. She was so excited! Eli passed his first Math Masters test by doing 100 addition problems in 5 minutes! (Where he is lacking in reading, he more than makes up for in math skills.) Dawson is doing great and learning a lot (evident by the questions and comments he makes through the day). He is currently doing a First Aid project and is starting a paper model of the Parthenon today. Kyndal is working hard to get her Geometry grade up and even skipped any Halloween festivities to study for a test she has today. She also applied for Vo-Tech this week hoping to get accepted into the cosmetology program so she can get her cosmetology license (for free!) before she graduates from high school.
Noticing that ... we have a terrible electrical system. I have never replaced so many lightbulbs as I do in this house. And don't even get me started on the outlet issues.
From the kitchen... Another easy week!
Around the house... I am not hearing anything but a clock ticking and my fingers clicking on the keyboard.
One of my favorite things... is sleeping in on the weekends.
I am hoping... that Eli's teachers and I can come up with some solutions to help him with his difficulty in reading.
On my mind... is how hypocritical some are vocally in the name of being a Christ-follower and how I used to do the same things, in my petty judgments and in putting myself on a pedestal of believing I had "the answers" for someone else. It's all a matter of arrogance and pride.
From the learning rooms... Brynne read an entire book yesterday that she had never heard or read before. She was so excited! Eli passed his first Math Masters test by doing 100 addition problems in 5 minutes! (Where he is lacking in reading, he more than makes up for in math skills.) Dawson is doing great and learning a lot (evident by the questions and comments he makes through the day). He is currently doing a First Aid project and is starting a paper model of the Parthenon today. Kyndal is working hard to get her Geometry grade up and even skipped any Halloween festivities to study for a test she has today. She also applied for Vo-Tech this week hoping to get accepted into the cosmetology program so she can get her cosmetology license (for free!) before she graduates from high school.
Noticing that ... we have a terrible electrical system. I have never replaced so many lightbulbs as I do in this house. And don't even get me started on the outlet issues.
From the kitchen... Another easy week!
Around the house... I am not hearing anything but a clock ticking and my fingers clicking on the keyboard.
One of my favorite things... is sleeping in on the weekends.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Other than our school activities, we have nothing going on until this weekend when my mom, sister and niece are coming for a visit. We won't be doing much other than just hanging out. I'm sure there will be shopping involved.
From my picture journal.
Our dinner last Friday night. Yes, we had Snickerdoodle cookies and coffee with flavored creamer.
From my picture journal.
Our dinner last Friday night. Yes, we had Snickerdoodle cookies and coffee with flavored creamer.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

sounds like a great daybook.
ReplyDeleteshe might surprise you and not move?
LOVE snickerdoodles!!!
Tif started geometry this week in school (she is in 4th grade!) I have to check out my college text to refresh myself.
CONGRATS! to Eli on math, Brynne on Reading, Dawson on school and fingers crossed Kyndal get into Votech!!!
Snickerdoodles...YUMMY. I can almost smell them and what a great idea to do the flavored coffee with them. Snickerdoodles and apple cider are a must when fall gets here.
ReplyDeleteI agree that no one has the right to pass judgment on you because of their religious views. If I'm not mistaken, that is reserved for the second coming.
Yum...snickerdoodles and flavored coffee! That's my kind of dinner.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like the kids are doing great in school!
It has to be difficult for you as Kyndal nears graduation. I hope she gets into Vo-Tech!
Katelyn still talks about Kyndal showing her how to put makeup on. What a good influence Kyndal was as Katelyn was learning. We get compliments on how well she wears her makeup. Big thanks to Kyndal!
ReplyDeleteYour dinner looks great to me. Hope your hubby gets home soon. Mine will be here Thurs, then leaves again next week. Never ending for us.
ReplyDelete