Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Today I am thankful for two very specific things: My husband and children.

As I stood fixing my coffee this morning, I had tears in my eyes as I heard a St. Jude's commercial on television. There are real families with real sick children who are not home with their families today but are, instead, in a hospital. As my children are watching the Macy's Day Parade, there are real children who are receiving cancer treatments for their terminal cancer. I am thankful for healthy children.

And then I immediately thought of my friend Vee who is spending her Thanksgiving without her husband who died tragically two weeks ago. Her children and unborn child are without their father. I am thankful for my husband.

Nothing else in this world matters.

I am Thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! As we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade Lyndon asked what the Ronald McDonald house is (they mentioned it showing Ronald). It made me tearful and grateful as I explained it's purpose. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!