Outside my window... Dark, dreary and brrrrrr ......
I am thinking... about a book I want to write called Coffee with June and the Future Queen.
I am thankful ... for a teenage son who tells me that he loves me "to the moon and back 10 times" and his best friend who brings our trash can down from the curb when he comes over.
I am wearing... gray yoga pants, a gray thermal shirt, a blue and gray striped zip-up hoodie and Nike's.
I am planning... to get serious about getting Eli's birthday party scheduled.
I am creating... daily Christmas activities with Brynne.
I am going... to sit here for another glorious 30 minutes before it's time to get everybody up and ready for school.
I am reading... The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (again. I only got through page 300 when it was due last time and my friend Tamara owns the book so loaned it to me to finish the other 600 pages.) Tomorrow I am starting the Rediscovering Christmas challenge with my friend Shannon and six other women ... Join us!!
I am hoping... that Kyndal will get serious about getting a job.
On my mind... keeping things low-key until Christmas.
From the learning rooms... So glad to be back to our school routine! Dawson is starting a new unit on Ancient Rome (which will also include a study of Jesus' birth and life). In Science his unit is on geology. Should be fun! Brynne's studies will have a concentration on Christmas this whole month. We will be doing lots of activities! Kyndal is doing great in every class but Geometry and I'm afraid she's just not doing everything she can to help herself. Eli got his progress report and has 90% and above on everything. Reading is still his weak area, but I see some improvement.
Noticing that ... I've been more tired than usual in the evenings the past couple of nights. I've gone to bed really early and can't seem to be able to stay up and watch some t.v. with Rick after the kids go to bed. I think my last few crazy weeks are just catching up to me.
From the kitchen... We are finally having that Crock Pot Lasagna tonight!!!
Around the house... Are the remnants of fall and Thanksgiving crafts. It's time to start replacing them with Christmas ones.
One of my favorite things... is having two furry doggies curled up against my back while I sleep. I think it makes me feel like I am nurturing even when I'm sleeping.
I am hoping... that Kyndal will get serious about getting a job.
On my mind... keeping things low-key until Christmas.
From the learning rooms... So glad to be back to our school routine! Dawson is starting a new unit on Ancient Rome (which will also include a study of Jesus' birth and life). In Science his unit is on geology. Should be fun! Brynne's studies will have a concentration on Christmas this whole month. We will be doing lots of activities! Kyndal is doing great in every class but Geometry and I'm afraid she's just not doing everything she can to help herself. Eli got his progress report and has 90% and above on everything. Reading is still his weak area, but I see some improvement.
Noticing that ... I've been more tired than usual in the evenings the past couple of nights. I've gone to bed really early and can't seem to be able to stay up and watch some t.v. with Rick after the kids go to bed. I think my last few crazy weeks are just catching up to me.
From the kitchen... We are finally having that Crock Pot Lasagna tonight!!!
Around the house... Are the remnants of fall and Thanksgiving crafts. It's time to start replacing them with Christmas ones.
One of my favorite things... is having two furry doggies curled up against my back while I sleep. I think it makes me feel like I am nurturing even when I'm sleeping.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Today is Tuesday which means I don't do anything outside of this house if I can help it! Kyndal does have physical therapy, but that's it. Tomorrow Brynne and I will head to the library in the afternoon. On Thursday afternoon Kyndal and I are touring the Vo-tech facility where she has applied. On Friday Brynne has her Homeschool Coop Christmas party and that evening her and her daddy are going to a Father-Daughter dance. The rest of us will just be taking it easy all weekend. Yea!!!
From my picture journal.
Eli and his grandma at lunch yesterday at school. He cried when she left.
From my picture journal.
Eli and his grandma at lunch yesterday at school. He cried when she left.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

aww I'm so glad they are still friends I hadn't heard him mentioned lately so I was wondering and hoping they still were!
ReplyDeleteLove the book title :) go write it!! I'll buy your first copy :)
Its snowing up here! snowing!!!