Eli was born at a whopping 5 1/2 pounds, full-term. He had a weak immune system right from the start. The older he got, the sicker he was. He was pretty much sick from October to March for the first 3 years of his life. He would catch any little cold that would then move into a respiratory infection and onto bronchitis or pneumonia. He was hospitalized once. When he would be in a coughing mode, he would do it continuously for a couple of weeks straight. There were times when I thought I would go crazy. Our pediatrician finally gave up and put him on a prescription cough medicine that contained a narcotic, just so we could all sleep. Many nights I would hold a breathing machine in his face while he slept. We were at the doctor's office very often.
In September before Eli turned 4, my mom mentioned that she had heard about an immune boosting gummy vitamin. We thought, "what the heck .. we'll give it a try." That December I took him to his 4 year well-child appointment and my doctor said, "Why haven't I seen you this year?" I told her about the gummy vitamins, and what was in them. She told me to keep giving them to him. She told me about the healing effects of zinc and how you don't hear much publicity about it because it's such a cheap drug. Pharmaceutical companies would not get rich off of zinc.
That was three years ago. I have religiously given Immune C gummies to both Eli and Brynne since then. With the exception of a minor case of the flu a couple of years ago, neither one of them have had more than a cold or a very short-term illness since then. Brynne's flu lasted a couple of days and Eli's didn't get near as bad as it would have gotten without the gummies (I believe.)
I recently wrote a guest post at "Or So She Says ..." where I gave my "expert" advice on how to help keep your kids well during the sick season. The Immune C gummy by L'il Critters was on my list of things to do.
Somehow someone from Northwest Natural Products, Inc., saw my post and contacted me to thank me for my support. I asked them if they would be interested in allowing me to do a giveaway of Immune C. They graciously allowed me to do that. So here's the giveaway ....
TWO bottles of L'il Critters Immune C gummy immune booster vitamins and a Healthy Habits Fun Pack.
I believe in this product so much that I am even bearing the cost of postage to send it on to the winner. I want you to have it and give it to your kids and experience a healthier sick season for them, and you. Once you do I know you will continue to buy it and give it to your kids.
To register, just leave a comment on this post and become a public follower, if you aren't one already. If you are not a blogger, be sure you leave me your e-mail address so I can contact you if you win. You will have until next Friday, January 28th to register.
Good Luck!!
Oh those vitamins would be so easy for the boys to take. And all ready a follower love your blog!
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to introduce some vitamins to the boys recently because they are getting everything Hailey brings home from school, while she thankfully stays healthy. I may have to give them a try even if I don't win.
ReplyDeleteI've always given my boys vitamins but I don't think I've ever heard of these. Definitely something I'll be looking into.
ReplyDeleteI bought some of these after reading your "expert" advice. Two of my three kids like them (Kate doesn't like gummy bears of any kind) and I take them too. If I win the giveaway, I'll send them to my sister in Kansas. She has 6 kids at home and the cold & flu season can be rough.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of these. I am willing to give them a try.
ReplyDeleteI need to get some of these for my nephew Landry. He's 3 and like Eli, he's always got something. Even if I don't win, I'm going to buy some. Thanks for the great info!
ReplyDeleteI had never heard of this either. This is something my boys would take. They don't like mom's liquid vitamins very much. I hope you are having a great week! Is OK expecting the snow we are?
ReplyDeleteThose are great vitamins!
ReplyDeleteI would love to try these. I am a firm believer in zinc helping us stay healthy.
ReplyDeleteL'il Critter Gummy Vitamins facebook page sent me :) If I win, please send an email to munchkinismine@hotmail.com Oh- and everybody, they are great vitamins. My kiddos <3 taking them!
ReplyDeleteps. I am a follower of yours now :)
the vitamins are excellent. gave them to my daughter and she hasn't been sick since. i actually am going to need some more soon. she loves them and thats whats been keeping her healthy this winter season. you can reach me at jyankeezloverz@aol.com if i win.
ReplyDeleteI want these, I want these. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteMy kids take vitamins, but not this kind. I need to check them out.
I give these to Lexie, along with their daily multivitamin. When she was diagnosed with neutropenia, the doctor suggested these! She hardly ever gets sick!
ReplyDeleteWould love to try these vitamins!! anything to keep my girls healthy!!
ReplyDeletemy email is aeffinger5@yahoo.com
also, i am trying to become a follower of your blog...but all i keep getting is error messages.
i will keep trying, hopefully it will work soon!!
amanda
I'll try anything to keep miss Caroline well! We've been fighting illnesses with her for 2 weeks! I may have to go buy these! And you know I'm a follower!
ReplyDeleteI follow you publicly on GFC
ReplyDeletetmyoung at rochester dot rr dot com
I'd like to win these for my grandkids - because they are notorious for bringing germs to Grandma's & elaving me with the sniffles, swollen glands, etc. Keeping them well will keep me well!